Legendary weapons

hey there

so, i just got my first legendary weapon.

ok, im joking :smiley:

i wanted to suggest something for later upcoming equipment (legendarys +)
i would really, really really fucking really love it, if they will super rare.
everytime a new content comes out, every max level player got one day later his whole gear from this content, this makes me feel really sad, because its not something “cool” anymore when everybody got this.

i just hope you guys will make it like the actual mines, but with a chance of i dont know… 0.1% you can get a Legandary instead of an epic.

i have actually the problem that i got max level, max gear and dont know why to play it anymore^^
same to many of my friends, they are just leaving when they got their gear.

maybe you have already planed like this, but i just wanted to say it. it will make much more fun with this kind of destinations.

End game content is a classic problem in online games.

While new gear is always fun, it’s a bit of a moving target. As soon as everyone farms the “legendary” gear, what then? It’s the same situation.

One advantage to this game is that we can go grind other classes. That doesn’t solve then “what then?” issue, but it at least temporarily answers it. Any open-ended game has this problem.

Personally, I think PVP is a good final solution.

3 Likes

Legendary gear as extremely rare, obtainable by everyone, but limited to one slot at a time. Seems to be the healthiest way to go.

That keeps a drive to continue to play. Collecting every one especially when each have unique desireable bonuses.

Make them all very good but since you can only have one at once they arnt game breaking. But noticeably flashy. Like adding a chain Lightning proc.

To obtain them you shouldn’t have most people with a full collection that should be super rare in my opinion. A token system so that you can pick a specific one over many months keeps the rng grind from being less painful. No one like to feel that thier time is wasted. When they spend 4 months getting nothing and a buddy just started and got one. Make people give up in frustration. So as long as you are working towards one and have a chance for a bonus that feels good. Pure rng drops have low feeling moments for the dedicated players.

Really I think the main issue here is just that the game is unfinished. We’re balancing the difficulty of acquiring the gear for the Tradu Mines as if the entire game were “complete”. The Tradu Mines are basically “you just got to 20, now spend 20-30 hours playing the game and getting a full set of Epics.” After that you would immediately launch into Shard Dungeons, where you can sink hundreds of hours doing really difficult content to get the best gear available.

So we could have put out the Tradu Mines and made the Epic gear really, really rare and take forever to get, but that wouldn’t have fit into the overall strategy of the game.

So if you’re a fairly dedicated player who has already put in their 30+ hours in Tradu to get a complete set (and played a total of 100+ hours in general), I think there’s going to be a bit of a lull for you. The next two wings will come out at the end of next week and those will be interesting and fun but really no new gear. The new World Boss will be out shortly after that and we will plan on making that more challenging than previous World Bosses, but still at the end of the day it’s a World Boss, so it’s not the same kind of challenge.

Our target right now is to have Content Patch Two out 6-8 weeks from now, which will introduce those Shard Dungeons and give you a lot of content to do if you are wanting that super rare gear, and yes Legendary Gear will be pretty rare. We haven’t figured out yet if it will be restricted to a single slot or something like that, although that’s certainly one option.

Annnyway, just giving you the general lay of the land. We’re trying to balance our time equally right now between putting out content for those hardcore max-level players (which is still only a small percent of the overall playerbase) and putting out bug fixes and content for everyone including beginning players since we still have around 100 new people a day who are trying out the game.

9 Likes

Having Legendary’s limited to a certain Slots make it limited. I would love to see it available for all slots as it will increase interest in continuing progression. At least that’s my opinion.

1 Like

okay, thanks for the infos riley :slight_smile:

is there any plans on skill trees or some sort of alternate advancement type thing like everquest had in the future? just curious btw love what you’ve done so far and excited to farm shard dungeons should be getting my 1080ti around that time woohoo :slight_smile:

Slandaro

Yeah he has talked about skill trees coming out between patch 2 and 3 I’m pretty sure.

awesome thanks cant wait :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.