Living mounts like goats and such

I posted this on a different topic but figured it could be a topic so the people of the forum cold comment on it but i think living mounts would be amazing Id love to ride on some type of goat or bear or some mythical creature

4 Likes

another idea mounts that give you extra storage

2 Likes

more weight is what would actually be useful, you already have 5 tabs of storage, that should be more than enough for everything you need.
I donā€™t think the dev dudes want to have mounts with benefits other than the increased movement speed tho, so that which one you use is purely a cosmetic choice and not a choice based on benefits.

Back when mounts were first added to the game someone asked the same question of, ā€œwhy no animal mounts?ā€ to which the dev dudes said that, while it sounds cool on paper, in practice it was just odd having your legs inside a horse while you were standing and was mostly just immersion breaking. Or something along those lines, I canā€™t for the life of me find the actual post where they said that tho.

1 Like

yeah i was thinking weight but typing storage

I found the link to the comment about ā€œrideable mountsā€. Itā€™s the last paragraph in that really long post. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I want the blue pack beetle as a mount from the DLC just have it carry me :3

Have the goat pull a chariot you stand/sit on , immersion saved :3

Want a flying witch broom for Halloween event :slight_smile:

I would like class specific mounts , like once you hit 30 you get a class quest for a unique mount.

Have runemages have to collect tons of reagents and visit all the pillars again and perform a ritual near the chaos gate to have a mount summoned from it. Maybe have it look like an OG portal on a flat plane you ride or something.

Bad examples:
Paladins ride the lightning ( pilgrimage )
Scoundrels , playing card ( collect master deck)
Musky ā€¦ life well orb mount (reenergize orb)
Ranger , riding quiver ā€¦ (find arrows in map)
Shaman have totem mount ā€¦ (carve treeesus)
Warrior ride their shields ā€¦ (solo a boss >.<)

6 Likes

Or why not transforming into animals? Quick blink animation with sound of ā€œoinkā€ and your a talking pig! Taller person = ā€œbiggerā€ animalā€¦ could be fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess the immersion is something to take into account although its a choice to use it so if some one really wants the full experience they dont have to use the living mounts and the ideas everyone has had is are very good

I have ridden on mounts in VR, to even include VRChat (some fantasy type worlds) and it honestly felt great & brought a smile to my face. The other player with me shared the same feeling (and a player could also ride on the back of the horse of another player which was very cool). It can be done so extremely well. I know youā€™re restating, interpreting, or paraphrasing what they said, just here to point out that I think that believe things like horses are fantastic in VR.

Disc type mounts are convenient. We have no legs in Orbus, new animations to ride them would be required. Itā€™s hard for me to believe that these are not the real reasons given how simple it is to implement a disc that hovers below you and gives you a move speed increase.

One day we will have flying mounts, dragons, birds, freely roaming over the world XD ā€¦ that would be so cool, the dragon races are only giving a small taste of how that could be.

ah yes like oden (original mythology)

1 Like

Also, chariot goat racing ā€¦ look that up , you wont be dissapointed :slight_smile:

i was not disapointed in the least

1 Like

o, Bump for Dye-able mounts.
please allow us to dye mounts.

2 Likes

maybe also mounts that you go over harvestables and they harvest

Mounts could be a big part of Orbusā€¦ check Ultima Online and the system of ethereal pets (basically working same as orbus mounts / every year there are new ones for veteran players as a possible reward) + being able to color mounts same way like your coloring your armors will be really cool

I can see huge money potential in this - customizable mount in Orbus cash shop could be a winner

Even transforming into an animals could be a lot of fun / maybe halloween gift with mounth transforming you into a ghost/bat or something

2 Likes

Also , please offer a ā€˜blank mountā€™ and ā€˜blank capeā€™ in the odds and ends that when transmogged it changes the icon to whatever the transmog is so I can destroy my stack of mounts / capes and get back the 25 ish slots I cant use currently (I like to see my Cape in my equiptment)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.