I know how the luck system works. But I don’t know how the code is implemented on the background of a guaranteed shard roll.
It basically works like the following example:
- Item one has a default 10% drop chance
- Item two has a default 5% drop chance.
- You have 10% luck
Now we have:
- Item one has a 11% drop chance. (10% + 10%x10%)
- Item two has a 5.5% drop chance. (5% + 5%x10%)
Depending on how the guaranteed shard roll code got implemented one of the following 3 methods are possible:
- Having more luck = lower chance on legendary on a roll (BAD)
- Having more luck = no chance increase on legendary on a roll (MEH)
- Having more luck = higher chance on legendary on a roll (GOOD)
Testing this would be too difficult and too much of a dataset needed to prove which of the 3 methods it is. So I am asking, should we drink luck pots for our shard roll?