Luck perk lv 5 lowering gear drops

Hey guys!

After a lot of work, I got to level 5 on the luck perk. But then, the amazing increase of drops just stopped, and I barely can get a piece of gear now.

That’s a little weird to start the game dropping sometimes a loot bag. When you get to level 4 of the luck perk, you get like 2 or 3 items in the same loot bag, that drops a lot more frequently, but when you finally accomplish level 5 and go to A LOT of shards, they drop like 3 or 4 (even 5) potions or dyes in the same chest, but no more gear?

It’s not 100% occurring, this weekend I managed to get a perfect stats weapon without the daily roll. But that’s been it, really harder to get a piece of gear.

I’m intending to get sets for each class now, but if I only rely on using my roll, or I’ll depend on other players’ or it will take forever to finish a set.

Is this how this luck perk lv 5 was planned to be?

if u join carnage, they will tell u

3 Likes

It’s all RNG. The last time I remember any dev confirming Luck works is here A problem with luck - #15 by Riley_D

From what I remember, all it does is SLIGHTLY increase the chance of each item. You won’t notice it much unless you’re looking at a large amount of data. You likely won’t see any dramatic change except for a TON of Runemage Reagents showing up soon :smiley:

2 Likes

the luck stat increases chance for loot bags to spawn not increasing the thing in the chests and bags

From what I remember luck is multiplicative not addative, say 100 luck was a 0% boost to drop chance and 200 luck was a 10% (not actual numbers, just for example)
a 10% drop with 100 luck is 11% on 200 luck, however if you had a 60% drop chance with 100 luck it would then be 66% drop chance with 200 luck

Basically luck increases common items drop chance more than rarer items and therefore you will get more common items and less rare items but more items overall

mathematical facts

2 Likes

Ye, basically that, but the actual numbers are: 10 luck = 1% extra drop chance. So 500 luck is 50% higher drop chance, but 50% increase on a 1% drop is only 1.5% drop chance, which is still pretty low.

Thanks everybody for your time. I really appreciate how thoughtful you are, but it didn’t convince me… lol

I mean, what happened to me in a table:

Ok if it increases the chance of getting a loot bag, but why level 4 has so much chance to get gear and level 5 practically demands a daily roll to get any?

If this is as planned, is it possible to get back the 25 perk points and bring back the luck for level 4?

1 Like

How much data you have? With luck it is all about having the big data. Doing for example 50 shards would not be enough to prove anything. And that is already alot of time to try and prove 1 thing.

Not enough… I might have done 30 shards with luck lv 5, getting 3 or 4 pieces of gear without roll. I agree that’s not enough, but man, these numbers are sad lol

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.