Major Issue - Playerhouse broken :-(

Oki hope there’s a fix found… tried one last time after an additional pc restart, but still same. I go to bed for now.

Just a heads up we’re still investigating the issue and have a few more questions for you.

When you say the room is in “default mode” and none of the decoration appears, do you mean none of the new house furniture pieces appear? Or is the room completely empty without any of the crafting tables, your personal chest, etc.

When this happens and you travel to other rooms are you able to see things in those rooms or are they empty as well? If they’re empty are they missing the new furniture pieces or everything?

Does the issue appear just when you enter the house or does everything disappear as you’re doing things within the house? If it’s as you’re doing things what are you doing when it happens?

Does the same issue occur when you’re playing on an alt or is it only the Metris character that experiences the issue?

Ok, since I can’t sleep anyway… I guess this is a complicated problem, especially since it seems to work very briefly, at times, so the old data must still be there (like just now, when I logged to my alt - which is fine - and back).

Here is what I see on login, I am in my house already (since I mostly logout in there), no customizations, moving gifs for tutorials, rune on door (my “default mode”):

I can open my playerhouse chest, all is there. Edit: as well the bought furniture seems to be in the furniture chest, just not showing. If I try to interact further like enabling build mode nothing happens.
The tutorial images have always been there since the Reborn beta, on every login. Going out to HS and back into the player house made the tutorial images and the rune vanish. Also I could often use all items and chests in the house without reloading it by going in and out, that is not the case now.

When I open the doors the other rooms are all largely empty. It has sometimes been this way (and also was fixed by going out and in again), but not always on login, here for example the basement:

I don’t need to interact with anything, on login it is like in the first picture. I just open doors, not interacting with anything (not that there was anything in the other rooms, in the first place…). I can try taking items out of chests but they don’t ‘stick’ to my inventory, on close they are back in the chest.

After checking the basement I went to check the auction room (completely empty), but there I crashed again.

It is only the Metris character. The alt has the same starting view, like, despite turned-off tutorial images they are there on login (and also this rune on the door), but the other rooms are filled and most important, I can go out to HS just fine. I don’t have customizations on my alt.

Interesting is that once I logged to my alt and back to Metris again it worked, very briefly. I saw all customizations of Metris on login, in all the rooms. I could leave the house to HS also, only when re-entering it there were no customizations anymore and I was locked in again, unable to leave the house like before, needed to crash the game, again. Edit: Tried couple times but could not reproduce this, now it seems to be permanently broken on every login; the alt is still fine.

PS: If it helps troubleshooting please delete all customizations from the house (specially the dupe item which I still think might play a role; it should be in the Great Room Chest, showing in this room, and also still be showing in the Auction Room where I had it before) until the root cause is found, playing and leaving the house is more important to me than this…

A version of this has happened to me before, I don’t exactly know how I fixed it. Rooms were empty, could not go outside, couldn’t change classes.
I was able to get out of the player house a few times and it was empty/ no people. Im sorry I don’t remember what fixed it, but I would just reinstall the game if you haven’t already.

Yea I did that but issue does not seem on my side. The client can not fetch the correct playerhouse data from the server, likely because it is corrupted (eg. because it tries to fetch an item which should not even be there, in the first place; I went to another room with that item. despite it being in the Great Room’s chest and suddenly it was showing in both rooms, even after relog).
I can not leave the house, at all, guess nothing to do but wait.
If there’s a copy of the Char Data from a date before the patch to reroll it to this earlier date, that might possibly also be a last resort.

Okay we are still working on this issue. Just so I’m all caught up the things you have tried are:

1. Return to graveyard
  2. Logging in and back out
  3. Deleting items out of furniture chest (Doesn’t save deleted items, they re-appear when you enter player house again)
  4. Re-installing Orbus

We have imported all of your character data onto our dev server and can not get the issue to reproduce on our end, so we are trying a few additional things on dev server to get it to happen. In the mean time if you can stay logged off of live we will try just removing all furniture from your furniture chest, well just add the furniture back to your player inventory later if this fixes it. I will let you know once its safe to log back in.

1 Like

Okay @Metris_Marshmallow we have deleted all the furniture items out of your furniture chests, let me know if that fixes it. Then we can get it added back to your player inventory later.

1 Like

YES it worked, entered the house 3 times and all seems to be back to normal :slight_smile:
(not sure if I want the item in the first post back though… it’s not pretty either so you can gladly keep it :slight_smile: ) - and thx for all the work.

1 Like

Glad that fixed it, we still have a copy of your data from when it was broken so were going to keep digging into that and see if we can get it to happen on our dev server. We have a list of the items we deleted so well get that restored later on today or tomorrow once we do some more digging. Thanks for the patience and working with us to figure it out.

1 Like

Ok thx, please drop me a note… in around 3h we are having a raid, so that would not be a very good time.

A minor issue

Before after Room repositions items

@Sparky We will be rolling out a patch soon that will hopefully take care of this issue.

The patch is live, let us know if you have anymore problems

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.