Major Mutations for 5/8

This week’s major mutations have been rotated and are now:

Unstable: Enemies will explode on death, dealing damage to nearby creatures and players.

Vindictive: Enemies will give a buff to nearby allies on death, increasing their damage done.

I am working on a new system I am hoping to roll out with Monday’s patch that should just pick random mutations each week and auto-rotate them so I don’t have to keep doing it manually and so it will be more consistent timing-wise.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Are we ever going to get the discontent mutation?

Eventually, but thats RNG for you.
Riley is probably just rolling a 20 sided die from https://roll20.net/

What about the brutal mutations at T10? The blogpost said there are 2 but we always got Reincarnation.

I’m all for a challenge, but both of these two affixes together just seem a tad bit harsh considering the amount of damage the exploding mobs do. You throw vindictive on top of that and all I see is a need to range AOE mobs down and the tank dying every pull… o_O.

Original post said that there would be 10 minor and major mutations. I know aggressive has been removed which brings us down to 7 minor mutations and I believe there are 6 major mutations that we have come across. Are there more major mutations we haven’t seen/ heard of or are they still in the works? Just curious :grin:

Are we ever going to get more complex mutations that do multiple things (eg. +5% magic damage -5% physical damage, or +5% healing -5% armor)? Granted, this would err towards certain classes at some points or another, but that could just encourage prior planning, giving the dungeons more depth.

I am indeed just randomly selecting them currently. Discontent will eventually make its appearance I’m sure.

The other Brutal Mutation we have on tap is very punishing so I have not brought it out yet.

Sounds fun, can you tell us what it is?

Bring it :smiling_imp: (gently)

You know, the last time we challenged the devs like that, things didn’t end well…

1 Like

Something about a world boss with infinite HP.

Haha, yeah…

Should one like this comment or be terrified?

I believe Logan was the one to bring this up but will the damage boost from vindictive apply to the damage from unstable explosions, or are they independent?

Oh, also, any chance we could stop the unstable explosion from damaging other mobs? It’s a trivial amount of damage and it breaks polymorph, which just makes it annoying. (If that’s the intent, disregard!)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.