Make the new dungeon coming in the mini story pack DLC possible to do as a shard

Haha i wanted to see the results so I had to vote to see them, although that is a funny screenshot

To answer the original question or request of making the dungeon into a shard dungeon, it won’t work for this dungeon though. This will be more of a questing dungeon then what we have had in game previously. So the layout is completely different (with multiple routes through the dungeon) and only 1 main boss inside the dungeon (that can’t be accessed until you discover his hideout), along with 3 other quests that get completed inside there also. So it might of been a mistake originally to call this a “dungeon” in the sense of the existing ones, and should of been called a “questing dungeon” or “questing instance”. We are trying out some new boss mechanics and boss fight style inside this dungeon to try and allow solo along with group play that will allow players not to have to worry about bringing in certain classes to beat the boss. We are hoping that this style of dungeon will fit in nicely as the end to the Mini Story questline and also allow those that want to play solo through the questline or bring a group along for the ride to have a new and exciting experience. We will be sharing more details about the Lair and some of the mechanics involved in one of the upcoming blog posts.

5 Likes

Even if this quest dungeon is not part of shards, Robert did state that the mini pack would be a sort of testing grounds for new mechanics - and that these mechanics will be implemented in the base game at some point. As for what mechanics, climbing was for sure mentioned - but they can make new dungeons for the base game based on feedback from the mini pack.

So the way I see it, people want more shard content. Best way for that to be implemented is not by having it locked for DLC players (regardless if it gives an advantage or not) - but to be implemented for everyone to experience.

~ Pyronaeus

1 Like

So it’s like a temple in a Zelda game?

I don’t think so

Oh interesting. Ya, calling it an Orbus Dungeon certainly set some predisposed ideas of what was going on in that instance. A more apt name would be a Quest or Adventure dungeon. Thanks for the clarification.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.