Make wisdom worthwhile

Currently the wisdom stat doesn’t have much of a value. We did some tests with max wisdom vs no wisdom and the impact was super low. We’re taking maybe 5ish second reduction in the build time. With the significant impact crit stroke makes can we get a bug for wisdom that brings it more in range of a comparable stat?

Edit: I went and did some testing myself. This is just one run each of the ult builders (minus ranger because I don’t play ranger much yet and didn’t want to sit there hitting the dummy for that entire time.) Feel free to test on your own and contribute data to this.

Runemage: 0 wisdom 36 spells alternating fire 2 frost 2 no failed spells
120 wisdom 33 spells alternating fire 2 frost 2 no failed spells

Musketeer: 0 wisdom 35 orbs used on myself only (lineup was decurse, renew, shield, cure wounds)
120 wisdom 32 orbs used on myself only (lineup was decurse, renew, shield, cure wounds)

Warrior: 0 wisdom 40 provoke combos (kept the same slow pace to make sure I wasn’t hitting any cap)
120 wisdom 39 provoke combos (kept the same slow pace to make sure I wasn’t hitting any cap)

I also tested crit with 100 hits each 0 crit and 60 crit using a t10 warrior sword with unbending

With 60 crit: 22% were critical strikes
With 0 crit: 12% were critical strikes

Based on my limited testing I would say that under no conditions should anyone other than warriors sacrifice critical strike for wisdom. Warriors don’t gain anything from crit but to lose a 10% crit buff for a very slightly faster ultimate doesn’t seem even close to worthwhile.

8 Likes

I’d also love to see a wisdom potion int he future.

Any details on the testing? Seems like wisdom is great for bosses like tank keeper where you want your ultimate up to KO the tanks.

I know some of our members tested it and came up with a 3-5 attack difference. Combo/spell/orbs were all in that range. I don’t remember the ranger results. If I can track down those details I’ll add them.

I agree, wisdom is 99.9% useless in every combat situation when compared to critical strike. Dealing double damage on average of once every couple attacks (for a mage) is a tremendous amount of damage increase. Meanwhile, getting an ult in which you probably won’t pay total attention to when you get it, decreasing dps overall, only does a couple crit-fireball 2’s in total if the ult doesn’t crit itself (obviously talking mage ult. Ranger ult is a bit more applicable in alternate situations). Max wisdom should decrease the time it takes to charge your ult by 35-40% imo for it to be useful, which would likely counteract the dumbfounded mutation fairly well, causing another mechanic to be implemented into shard dungeons.

Hey Hexno,

I just went through and tested the wisdom ult generation and I’ve updated the post with the details.

1 Like

Hopefully we will see some wisdom changes when raids come out, or after raids come out. It would be nice if wisdom was added to item stats rather than being a stat that replaces other important stats that exist on gear.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.