Market Stall Auction Three

We’re please to announce that bidding is now officially open for the next month of Market Stall Leases. The general rules and procedures are outlined in this Wiki article:

https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Market_Stall_Auction

To place a bid, fill out this form:

Bids will be accepted from now until Friday, March 23rd at 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time. At that time the monthly lease price will be set and winners will be notified. The lease will begin on Monday, March 26th and last until April 26th.

A few notes specific to the first few auctions:

• Merchant-tier backer leases are now expired. If you were a Merchant-tier backer and want to keep your stall, you must bid on it with dram.
  • If you have an existing stall and wish to upgrade it to the 24-slot stall, you will be able to do so once the monthly lease price for this month is set for its market area by paying the same fee as everyone else. The price of a 24-slot stall will be reduced to 2x cost total instead of 3x cost total.
  • There are 9 stalls available for lease in Highsteppe, and 11 available for lease in Guild City.
  • If you previously had a stall and don’t want it anymore, just don’t submit a bid. If you lose your existing stall you will have to remove all of your items from your stall by the end of the day on March 25th or risk losing them. Note that if you get a stall again but end up in a different location, we will simply move your items for you.
  • Note that with this month’s lease form, you should now be able to edit your submission after you’ve submitted it. So if you want to increase your bid you can do so without submitting a new bid. Let me know if you can’t do that for some reason.

Please note the rules regarding Market Groups and how they affect the auction process.

If you have any other questions on this process please let me know. Thanks!

Is it possible to follow the bidding without entering a bid my self?

I will announce the winners at the end. It’s a Dutch Style Auction so no one sees anyone else’s bid.

1 Like

Hi @Riley_D , do I understand it correctly that the order the winners can select their stall is from highest bidder to lowest? If yes, I can kind of understand it, but in a different way it is kinda unfair, I mean the one with the highest bid has probably most of the money in the game, and he can also select the best stall position, which gives him another advantage to make a bigger gap in terms of wealth.

“kinda unfair”

Just like capitalism. :laughing:

1 Like

I mean the idea behind that is it encourages people to bid more for the stalls so they get better positioning, rather than just making a minimum bid because the order is random.

Obviously like in real life people who have more money to invest in something tend to make a higher return on their investment.

That said, with the Merchant leases having expired, there are like 5 stalls for sale that are right at the entrance to Highsteppe (which has traditionally been the most sought-after place), so as long as you’re in the top 5 you’re basically going to get the same good positioning as anyone else. It’s not like there’s only one really good slot for sale like there has been in the past.

4 Likes

Not going to lie. I was super proud of my stall placement the first month.

2 Likes

more money to invest in something tend to make a higher return

Just one thing, they are not exactly investing more money, as the point of the Dutch Style Auction is that everyone is paying the entry-level price, so if the lowest winner price is 10,000 dram, that’s what they pay, even if they bid let’s say 1,000,000 (and they can safely do so as it’s not too likely to have a competition who could pay that amount), this way they can ensure that they are getting the best spots while still paying the entry-level price,

Also I’m not saying there is only one good slot, but there is always a “best option”, no matter what.

@Sour I get your point, but this is a game where the devs have the control over this :slight_smile:

Please tell me which is the best stall in HS? The first 5 are the same, no one is going to go to a specific one over another. Not sure why you are complaining. Why shouldn’t the person who bids the most get first pick? If you want a better stall pick, go out and farm or sell in trade like everyone else and make some money. If you have a unique/desired item, it is going to sell regardless of your stall position.

Getting touchy Dram boy? :grin: i feel it works, I doubt the last guy bidding 80000 expected to have to pay it.

Could I please get the picture for the top down view of the stalls in Highsteppe with the numbers for each stall.

2 Likes

Is this over now? Or is it at midnight CST?

It’s over as of 42~ minutes ago.

1 Like

Okay thank you very much! So how are people notified if they won or not? Via email?

Riley will post all the winners in this thread

1 Like

Thank you again :slight_smile:
Sorry this is my first auction thats why I didn’t know.

1 Like

I am compiling the results now…

2 Likes

The price of a stall in Highsteppe will be set at 5,100 dram. The following will be the stall owners (in order from choosing soonest to last):

• Johann
  • Rickness
  • Carly
  • IscariotDE
  • J
  • Crazie
  • JrSlims
  • Fern
  • aeon

The price of a stall in Guild City will be set at 15,000 dram. The following will be the stall owners in order from choosing soonest to last:

• Johann
  • Asterisk
  • Slandaro
  • Quinn
  • Razix
  • Airus
  • Bartuby
  • Roxanne
  • Seurimas
  • J
  • JrSlims

Here are the stall choices. All stalls are available for lease this month. Please send me your list of choices in order from Most Desired to Least Desired by 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time on Sunday, March 25th. Also let me know at that time if you want an upgraded (24-slot) stall, which costs 2x the monthly price. So that would be 12,200 dram for Highsteppe, or 36,000 dram for Guild City.

If I don’t receive a list from you, or if you want to just use the default, the default order is:

Highsteppe: 1, 9, 2, 8, 7, 6, 3, 4, 5
Guild City: 1, 8, 5, 4, 11, 10, 9, 6, 7, 3, 2

(Note stall 9 in Highsteppe is the unlabeled one between 1 and 2).

Thanks!