Market Stall Auction Three

That’s hilarious. I have so many regrets.

1 Like

Yeah the next bid above that was like 30k or something, just squeaked by this time with there being 9 stalls available.

2 Likes

I figured I might luck out with a 5100 bid, but that was actually surprisingly closer than I thought it would be. I think with lower prices we might actually end up seeing some reasonably priced goods lol.

Can we get some clarification on what constitutes a “market group?” What does a fellowship need to do in preparation for the next auction so that they may host three separate “market groups” in each city?

1 Like

It’s come to my attention that some people bid on stalls in violation of the Market Group rules. I just assume typically that people have read the rules and there won’t be a problem, but I guess I am learning my lesson and in the future I will specifically ask your Fellowship name when you place a bid.

At any rate, I am sorting that out this evening, but there will definitely be some bids forfeit and that will change who is getting stalls and at what price they are selling. I will let you all know when I have updated the list again.

1 Like

The list has been updated and should now be final. Note the change to the end of both lists and also the price changed.

You did it ! hahaha congrats on that stall

1 Like

To be clear on this for the future, if you are in the same Fellowship as someone else who is placing a bid, you must contact us in advance to apply to be considered a separate Market Group from your other Fellowship member. In addition to that, I am allowing no more than two Market Groups from each Fellowship per marketplace right now.

If you are a separate Market Group from your Fellowship, then you:

• Must only buy items from your Fellowship members at publicly listed prices
  • Must not rely on help form your Fellowship members to gather resources or e.g. to defend you when you are in the Wilds.
  • Must not collude or price-fix prices.

Basically you have to generally act like you are your own Market Participant, not just an extension of your Fellowship so they have more slots to sell stuff.

1 Like

At this rate we could just disband the fellowships, as the whole point is to work together and help each other… This is just all messed up…

So based on this you want all the stall owners to play solo without fellowships? I don’t really get what you are trying to achieve this way…

We’re doing this to ensure a competitive Marketplace. The original idea was that each Fellowship would get a stall, and then all work together to stock that stall with their items.

No you have it backwards. By default the Fellowship is assumed to be working together. The “original” stall for each Fellowship is free to do exactly what you say.

However, to prevent one Fellowship from dominating the entire market, we are only allowing each Fellowship to have one stall in Highsteppe, and one in Guild City.

If someone from that Fellowship wants their own stall, separate from their Fellowship, they can apply to do so, and then they have to abide by those rules.

Giving a concrete example, J’s two stalls are assumed to be Alphabet’s stalls. He can work with Fellowship members to stock them and gather resources to sell in them as much as he wants. However, Crazie and Roxanne have now applied to have their own stalls, and for their stalls they agree not to work with J (or the rest of Alphabet) to stock them. That way Alphabet the Fellowship only gets their two stalls, and they can’t take over the whole Marketplace.

Trust me, if I just made this a free for all, then there would be like 4 people in the whole game who could actually own stalls because they have enough money to buy them all up. I guarantee you at that point there would be no one getting a 5,100 dram stall in Highsteppe.

4 Likes

Just a question, what about just simply having fun in the wilds together with other fellowship members? Would that also be against the agreement?

…But Alfabet, Aifabet and Alfabet 2 are 3 different groups. That’s 90 people, and most of the active players in the game right now… 2 stall for 90 people is a bit hard. Especially as half are in Europe and half in us

I missed the bidding :confused: Rip. Oh well, I will get it next month I guess.

The only people that are excluded from doing that now are Crazie and Roxanne. That’s literally what they agreed to. They are saying “it’s more important to me to have a stall than it is to participate with Alphabet in the Wilds”.

You all are acting like these are new rules. They’ve been in place for three months now.

At any rate, at this point I have explained the reason for the rules, and what they are, so I don’t think there’s anything more to discuss.

5 Likes

The issue has been resolved. In future we, as a community will be careful to make sure we are not placing multiple bids on stalls in the same zones.

It is not something I checked this time round as its been a busy week for me and it was the last thing on my mind… Nethertheless… All resolved now.

Thanks,

1 Like

The last part seems a bit weird to me. If they defend you but share drop equally wouldn’t that count as being a separate market group? Like going into a dungeon with a group doesn’t make them count in your Market group since everyone is equally likely to get loot, dram in this case <.<

Likewise in the wilds if the loot is shared equally, doesn’t that mean you aren’t getting help from the others in a sufficiently different way from being in a dungeon?

It should be something more like trading items for a price outside of reasonable limits, including a price of 0, with the purpose of being sold.

Okay so let’s use an example. Good Guys Fellowship has, in theory, two people with stalls. Guild Leader and Other Person. Guild Leader’s stall is the “fellowship” stall, so they’re good to hang out and do whatever. Other Person in theory says “yeah I’m separate.”

Now let’s introduce Third Party. Third Party likes to hang out in the Wilds and fish. He usually brings a bodyguard. Now let’s say that Other Person both goes to the Wilds and kills Third Party and take his stuff. And they call in backup from Good Guys Fellowship.

Is that fair to Third Party? Other Person just used the advantage of being in Good Guys to get his stuff and now they’re going to benefit from it and sell it. That’s not fair, they’re supposed to be separate from Good Guys!

As you can see, if we don’t have rules like that in place, we might as well just let Good Guys have all the stalls they want, because having Other Person have their own stall, but still benefiting from Good Guys’ resources, means there’s really no difference, and no competition.

Likewise, if Other Person heads out into the Wilds and takes 6 members of Good Guys with him, he’s going to have access to farm resources and be protected from bandits in a way that only a member of Good Guys can. Which means that Third Party is at a serious disadvantage now. He can’t really compete with Guild Leader OR Other Person because they have a monopoly on the Wilds!

This all makes perfect sense, and honestly owning a Market Stall is a totally optional part of the game anyway. You can choose to participate in your Fellowship’s stall as a group, or you can choose to go it alone, but what we don’t want is Good Guys owning the whole darn market.

3 Likes

This is literally also the other rule.

Yeah =D

But I wonder what about this? If a non PvP fellowship hires a fellowship of mercenaries, the price of which is half of the items harvest, looted or a price per duration, don’t the two fellowships count as separate market groups?

Likewise if an individual hires other individuals, regardless of what fellowship they are in, don’t they count as separate market groups?

I don’t mean to argue though. It is just interesting to see how this turns out :thinking:
We don’t have to continue on conversation >.<

If Good Guys Fellowship offers a publicly-available mercenary service, that they are willing to do for anyone, then Other Person is free to hire them at that rate and take them with them. But it had really better be something they’re doing for multiple groups outside the Fellowship as well, not just a “wink wink nudge nudge” kind of a deal.

Just like you are free to buy other items from your Fellowship members as long as you’re doing so at rates that you are buying/selling to Third Party people at as well.

However, I would be very cautious about (for example) calling in backup if you are a separate Market Group and having that always-available. Like if it’s not planned in advance that you are bringing bodyguards, but suddenly other members of your fellowship show up to exact revenge or help you out, that would be pretty suspicious.

Honestly this is a lot of talk about something that at this point literally affects 4 or 5 total people in the whole game, all of whom already agreed to these rules in advance and said they are fine with them.

1 Like