Melee Damage class

Ok lemme set one thing strait I was reading up on a Melee DPS class and I saw a comment from one of the mods/devs saying that making a Melee DPS class would be a waste of time… and that No one would play a Melee dps class… And I say to you… NO?! Dude you should HEAR the amount of people who are warriors (Including myself) Who Want to be a Melee Damage character using Two swords and just Being able to solo in this Game! I Really dont like being a Warrior hell I dont even like really any class as much as Warrior cause Im Forced to be ranged or do no damage at all!

Why not Just make it So The Warrior class can have either a Sword and a Sheild to Be a Tank or they can have 2 swords to be an Attack build instead of forcing them to be a Tank when they Really dont want to be but they dont like being rangers but They HAVE to be if they wanna do really any damage as a solo player and even then being a ranger is not even good for solo playing Honestly Just make a Ninja or a Warrior that has a low Agro rate then the Tanks can be at the front of the boss or enemy The ranged and Support Characters can hang In the back of the tanks and The Ninja or Daul Wielding Warror or Melee DPS Class can be hmm maybe BEHIND THE BOSS/ENEMY!! Cause then they wouldnt be blocking shots from the DPS Scoundrel and Ranger and making it so they Can do Damage without drawing agro Cause being a warrior frankly is fun really fun moving my body as I swing my sword doing combos But Dude the amount of damage I do is so low I can barely kill anything in less than 20 minutes and Frankly I dont wanna have to team up with people just to make some progress in this game Solo players exist too and I think if you wanna appease to everyone than maybe make 3 other classes everyone will enjoy than make it so the warrior can Dual wield swords to appease to the solo players and the people who want a Melee DPS Class. Cause Honestly saying that no one will want to team with a Class that has SO much potential in the way of how you can do things is just short sighted. For Example Buffing yourself specifically with the amount of damage or hits you do. More intricate combos as well maybe. Hell maybe even appease to some anime lovers out there and do like SAO sword skills with this class Cause in my opinion and to all the other Warriors I talked to that thought most of what Im suggesting here was a really cool idea please in the next update or that DLC you guys are making soon Implement a Melee DPS, low agro (maybe if you feel like it), low Defense, high Combo or Flurry need CLASS this would make the game so much more enjoyable for me and all the other people out there who dont like being tanks and dont like having to be Ranged. But wanna Do some damage.

PS: Also Parrying Just allow them to parry with their sword im writing this like 2 minutes after I read threw this for spelling errors a repeating phrases cause i know it’ll probably come up if people actually read this thread.

Edit: Ight so I was just informed that it wasnt a dev who commented on the thing it was just my brain that thought they we’re a dev cause they sounded so professional and they we’re pretty much acting like they we’re the dev of the game if you dont belive me click this like right here and scroll to his comment (And also give the guy who made the thread some love cause one or two of the ideas in here I actually read off his thread just I tweaked it a bit making it sound more appealing)

~CrimsonCal
Any Questions post em in the comments below of this thread.

1 Like

Can you link to that?

3 Likes

I really like the idea of a glass cannon melee class, I’ve suggested a similar class before. I really wish. Why wouldnt anyone like melee dps?

Well, the way dungeons are designed make it hard.

Linch king with his orb attack would KO the class easy.
Abandon mine would be a pain.
Temple would actually be almost impossible to do good dps in with how it is designed.

You are losing dps due to an enemy’s distance. People like their high dps. A melee dps would limit continueous dps from target to target. As this class would not create high agro, the tank will move the mobs away. This class would have to stay close to the tank at all times and take hits.

1 Like

1st thing: Will melee based damage be added to orbus vr reborn

Theres the link bud

2nd thing: You say that but I’m sure no one is Parden the insult but dumb enough hell I aint even dumb enough to do a Dungeon on my own I’m sure as a Melee DPS when they wanna do a dungeon they’ll immediately think. “Ok I actually DO need to team with people on this since I’m a glass cannon and cant tank for anything” The way I brought it up is that this class would be good for soloing the game in terms of just regular enemys maybe even some of the weaker bosses and I mean way weaker bosses and also some events but Support damage in terms of fighting stronger bosses in a party and fighting dungeons cause think about it the enemy is facing north a tank facing south infront of the enemy tanking the hits. A support class like Musketeer or Bard healing the tank as the Tank draws agro behind the tank like 5-10 feet away from the tank then a Ranged DPS like Ranger or Litterally every other class in the game currently T_T (if you include the magic one cause seriously how is magic not DPS if your high level shaman or a 1000 hours practiced rune mage) doing the damage staying close to the Support then the Dual Wielding Warrior facing north behind the enemy hitting them with high powered Flurrys and combos doing that damage without taking damage (except for when an AOE attack is present) and not drawing agro cause the tank is drawing all the agro and dammit if your talking about flying enemys that warriors presently cant hit do something like a ranged attack for the DPS Warriors like a bomb or something cause if you say that bombs shouldnt exist cause their too new then how does a Scoundrel have a revolver when Revolvers we’re invented in 1836 and im willing to bet Bombs we’re made way before that granted it’s cast iron bombs are heavy but how bout like a grenade of sorts giving them different grenades like how rangers get different arrows also if your boutta say we’re they would go put em in the slot that you put weapons on for if you wanna game left handed or right handed and use the slot for where the sheild that you arent gonna need was and put the bombs in that one again like rangers again where they put their different arrows.

Edit: oof went on a tangent

None of the devs responded to that post.

oh god i thought they were they sounded so professional ;w; and they we’re talking about like a Dev would talk about it imma edit my post then real quick

Just a quick note on this as well, using a Warrior you have the Wound combo which works great for solo work.

1 Like

fair point but for me after doing that combo over and over and over and over and over because most of the other combos arent really that good besides cleave it get just really repetitive (which is the reason why I stopped playing as a runemage) but thats one of the reasons why I brought a dps melee cause yeah you can do the combo over and over but as a glass canon you can just swing doing the damage racking up a combo meter as they go getting more increased buffs to deal more damage or get more survivability and also if they wanted to making this Sub class have different more intracate combos like 6-10 hit combos or higher that do the same thing as a regular warrior but having more combos for them as since they are purly damage based then they would probably have to have more combos and more damage dealing things but having the combos be harder to pull off

I’m going to say this not knowing your skill set or who you are. Unless you are level 30 and have done a raid and all bosses in shards, you may not understand why this may be difficult. Some of the AOEs that tanks take may be fatal to this class. On top of that, the things they would have to implement would be great and right now they are focusing on things like the DLC. About the being ranged and doing dmg vs no damage at all is not true. It’s not true at all. Paladin can pull some damage and warrior can do wound (sorry if this was said previously).

(sorry if im replying to everything but…) honestly im saying this as a level 10 warrior having not even done a dungeon but Im saying this for the sake of all those people out there who dont wanna be a tank and dont wanna be ranged or support cause rn thats pretty much all the game is atm who just wanna have a good time cause having talked to probably like 30-40 people about this kinda idea and like 20 of them being level 30 warriors who just want a more enjoyable experience in the game.

About the doing the combo over and over, ranger: firing arrows over and over, shaman: click click click over and over, mage: firing the same few spells over and over. You will find that over and over in any game.

Typically they will have the orbus logo as their pfp

eh true which is what makes warrior so fun cause I have to move my body to fight and do the combos instead of lets say rune mage repeatedly doing the same spell over and over but yeah I know I get it i’ve played alot of mmorpgs and rpgs and theres a lot of repetitiveness to them but hey welcome to RPGs. and I know i probably brought up the wrong topic of repetitiveness to then say all you do in this subclass is swing your sword or do different combos but hey as i recommended this sub class should have more combos that are good combos instead of stuff like hamstring the Warrior sub class would at least bring some of the repetitiveness down a bit cause you have to do different more compicated combos in different situations or just swing your sword which again is what makes warrior so fun to play as

I’m going to say this as nice as possible. You being level 10, not having ever done a dungeon, and saying the devs said no but then said not having any proof of them saying it doesn’t influence people to listen to you or make people want to take you seriously.

and im also gonna say this as nice as possible I just started recently having got the game like a week ago and tried all the classes so far and having not enjoyed any of them except Warrior and being forced to be my least favorite thing (being a tank) hust hurts also what am I supposed to do just keep playing the game bored when I can potentially make a change for the better for everyone who doesnt like being a tank but also doesnt like being ranged.

As stated before, you are a level 10 warrior with no other classes at level 30 (I have all of the classes level 30 with +5 armor, +5 weapons and some +6 weapons, which means I have done the end game content and can firmly say that this game doesn’t need and most likely will never have a DPS melee class because there is no room for it). As for some for those level 30 warriors that you have talked to and agree with you, I would like to know how many of them are fresh 30’s and still don’t know much about the game. Getting to level 30 isn’t hard and I have some friends that have done it in 3 days. the difference here is that they understand that a warrior class is a tank class, nothing more, nothing less. If you try to play warrior as anything other than a tank, you are doing it wrong. I would be a really good idea for you to play the game and make it to end game (not just level 30, that means nothing if you can’t do mechanics as a tank or healer or get decent DPS as a DPS class) before making an opinion on what should be added or changed about the game.

PS: I’m sorry if this comes off as seaming mean, angry or having an air of elitism to it as that is not my intent. I’m just tired of seeing people complain about a game that they have barely played and know little about.

4 Likes

Everyone knows that people want a melee DPS. It has been said many many times before. This game was not made for a melee DPS class. Many of boss mechanics prevent a class like that from being effective. Wait until the next vrmmo comes out. One of them will probably have one.

1 Like

I see no problem with a melee dps class existing. Just like shaman exists. It is basically a melee dps class too if played right. And will just be not used in some fights just like Shaman.

I was actually very fascinated by the old warrior lvl 30 talent giving such a damage boost that it would have been almost a dps class xD. But that is gone now :confused: (it was cool because there was alot to it to get the okay dps. Not just wound. You charge at the right time and release right on the stun, move your shield up and down for the talent, time the dps boost right, etc.)

1 Like

Honestly Da_Hamm I get it it’s a game you really like but As a fellow player of this game even if you have all the characters at level 30+ doesnt make me any less entitled to my opinion. Yeah this is a really good game honestly I find it to be very fun but the amount of limitablity in this game is insane Honestly im startin to feel like this game isnt for me which sucks cause I really like this game I just kinda wish it was designed for players like me who really hate being Far away from the enemy (no offence to people who do like this play style) I find it to be cowardly to be honest (again this is just my opinion you guys do what you want) But it’s not designed like that It’s designed for people to face the enemy head on attacking them with spells and Arrows. while the tanks stay close tanking the damage and yeah I get it thats how the game is made to be played it’s made to be played as a team but as one of about 20 people I met who dont like the play style of teaming with others but have to, to make any sort of progress in this game just really sucks im sorry if I offended you in any way being in experienced in this game but hey as I said before Why would I should i shut up about my problems and keep playing when I possibly could make a change that me and a bunch of other people really want implemeted into the game

PS: Im not complaining about the game saying that probably means you havent read some of the other stuff I posted on this thread I do love this game and think it’s a great game.

…I don’t think that’s what he’s saying. I think he is saying (at least my understanding) that from his standpoint he is more qualified. You are a newer player who hasn’t done a dungeon, correct? If I’m wrong correct me but that’s what I think I read. He’s one of the best, if not the best, tanks in the game. See what I mean?