Mini-Test Thursday October 5th

Not a single disconnect! Great Job Riley!

Bugs:

1. When I dies holding the arrow, the arrow would become held at the middle instead of the end, which made it difficult to shoot with.
  2. When going into the house I once spawned a kilometre away in the sky and I could see the house far in the distance and had to restart.
  3. During the boss fight there was a few times I died without reason, it’s possible I didn’t see what it was (yes I know the boss shoots projectiles, and spawns enemies) but it seemed a lot like I died when nothing hit me.

That’s all, continue to make this game amazing

~RobotLove
VRKADE Inc.

I had a disconnect while we were waiting the airship and after this i could see everyone stuck (they were moving around but the body was stuck), disconnect like 5 times in few minutes and heared the guild chat in slow motion, couldn’t fix this with relog/restart/graveyard. Also the game freezed when i died in the airship, i sent every report.

EDIT: And for some reasons Elongata despawned a couple times when i had aggro

I had no disconnects. Everything was really solid except for a couple times Draven’s voice cut on on my compass/fellowship chat. 100000000000x better than beta 2. Also, fought a couple boars. Hit boxes are on point :smiley:

No major bugs, aside from Elongatta despawning randomly while Logan & I were fighting it, waiting for other players to arrive. I never got any disconnects & there were no projectiles/spells getting stuck in the air this test. There were a few instances of voice chat cutting out, but even that seemed to be happening less often.

Not quite a disconnect, but I had to force quit the application after dying on the airship. (Seed pod from Elongata got me right as the airship was leaving the dock ) The game froze on the headset, though I could still hear in-game audio. (Someone was shooting arrows.)

When I reconnected, everything was a bit buggy.

1. Fellowship Chat audio was distorted. I can only describe the voices of Draven and Logan as slow, and demonic. Whatever they said came through at a quarter speed. Piercing at times. However, Local chat was normal.
  2. The movement of other players was very strange. They only faced one direction as they moved (it looked odder than I’m describing it. Completely frozen in one direction no matter which way they moved, forwards, sideways, backwards), and the hands were stuck in place. (The hand location differed from player to player, but all were frozen.)

I had a proper disconnect shortly after, and when I reconnected, everything seemed a bit more normal. The one or two players I saw passing by had normal movement, but when I saw Shiki, I couldn’t see his hands/weapon, and seemed a bit buggy (as described above minus the hand bit), though he disconnected not long after.

My movements seemed fine (from my point of view), and before the death on the airship, everything was hunky-dory.

Less important: The lake was devoid of fish, but it was still enjoyable to throw the line in anyways.

Hello! First time posting here.

Only had 1 disconnect, and it let me log right back in. No bugs after logging in.
Something that I did notice was that there might’ve been 2 guild cities? (If that’s what that city is called)

Other than that, no other bugs noticed. Keep up the great work!

Edit: To clarify, I meant 2 guild cities on the compass.

I had a few disconnects, but I believe they were times when the server was being reset and everyone got hit. I think there were maybe 2 times that it happened where I got kicked to character selection, and maybe 5-6 where I think there was a soft reset that pushed me into a solo-instance-feeling area for up to 10 seconds.

Overall, the experience was dramatically improved from the previous test for me. Movement was clean, audio was much improved (though there were still the occasional issues with people cutting in and out, particularly with fellowship chat across zones). Combat seemed solid.

I noticed that it felt like there was about a tenth to a quarter of a second delay for spell projectiles to react to wand movement that wasn’t there before. It was a little subtle but I believe Elk noticed it as well.

There also seemed to be occasionally jerky moments where the client needed to catch up for about half a second. This happened several times, and while it wasn’t unmanageable it didn’t seem to happen before.

Side note bugs:

• Elongata Fight: The spawned spirits would often not display their red ground AE telegraphs during the battle. (I can provide video examples if it helps). This causes a lot of confused deaths.
  • Zoning felt like it maybe took a little longer or was a bit more jarring than before.

I did notice that when chain casting fireball, though it was so subtle, I was unsure if it was from the lack of casting practice, or my imagination. It wasn’t until Draven mentioned it during the test, where I began to think it could either be a server-side related issue, or possibly a dev tweak (a la ranger nerf).

Oh not sure if I should post a bug here but if you sword rush in pvp you appear above the target and cant teleport down. Draven had to let me keep sword rushing him to get around because I didn’t want to go to graveyard

I only had the random disconnects from the server resetting - so much better! I id freeze after going into my house and exiting – however after 10 secs or so it loaded up. I did also experience the issue with my arrows - after I respawn I am holding the arrow half way up and it becomes very difficult to shoot - especially the boss! Logging in and out solves this issue - it has also occurred occasionally during the last beta test as well.

Wow, 10 seconds to transition out of your house? What are the specs on your computer?

I didn’t have any disconnect problems but i did have the problem of dying randomly with no enemies around

I don’t think my system was the issue - i7-4770 3.4ghz, 16gb ram…

Oh btw, I saw someone named “Asshole” in game last night for at least a short while. Not sure if there is a badword filter for naming, but as we get towards early access we’ll probably see more and worse things pop up if there isn’t.

4 Likes