Mini-Test Wednesday October 4th

Okay, so, the good news is I’m about 99% sure I know what the problem is. I turned the server off to try and fix it really quickly.

It may be something I can’t fix tonight, though, but I’m hoping I can.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

2 Likes

was working riley - looks promising!

Okay, there is another patch to get via your Launcher, let’s give this one more shot and see if it works!

error downloading new patch - trying again…

me too getting error

Same here, I’ve tried twice and I get the same error.

Error: Unable to download correct file after multiple attempes - couldn’t update to v1.92

Okay, well sadly it didn’t work anyway.

So here’s what’s going on. When you login, we tell you about everyone who is around you in the game world. Apparently the new networking layer is doing okay when you login and there’s only a few people around, but when there’s like 20 people in your immediate vicinity, it is choking and not sending the data properly. So that’s why it was working fine when everyone was in their own instance, because there was never a need to send a massive amount of data to tell you about 20 or 30 other people near you.

Since that data never makes it to you, you aren’t able to be logged in correctly, which causes you to DC.

I can definitely fix this, but unfortunately it’s not something I can fix in the next 30 minutes or something. So I’m afraid we’re going to have to call it a night for now.

I will do some more work on this tomorrow, and hopefully we will be able to have another test later this week or early next to test it again. I will keep you all posted.

Really sorry that we weren’t able to get it working tonight, but I appreciate everyone who gave up time from their busy schedules to help us out.

5 Likes

Sounds good Riley - looking forward to trying again! Haver a good night all!

just the small taste of orbus we got tonight is worth the d/c’s. We’re always here to be guinea pigs!

I loved hearing someone call out “I am home” when they first logged in… that made it worth it!

1 Like

that was me lol. Every test I pull out my weapons and rejoice at being back in my second life

2 Likes

I’m glad to have been of some help. I cant wait to see everyone in the next test.

I have no regrets anyway. We were helping make orbus better for everyone else in the next beta with our efforts, so it was a worthy investment in time in my opinion!

hey it may not have been much but this here test prevented a disaster that we would have had to deal with on the 20th
had we not done this so cheers to all!

(im a little sad i didint get to throw a ice bolt at the world bosses gree plant face but what evs XD )

Thanks for the support and understanding everyone. Again my apologies that things didn’t go as planned, but this gives us a ton of information to fix this problem so (as you have said) we don’t have this problem during the “real” Beta later this month. I’ll keep you all updated as I figure things out.

8 Likes

sad i missed it despite wanting to. stupid time differences and being an idiot!