Mission Vender Rep 8 Rewards With Stats

I was thinking that it would be awesome if you could get a fishing pole with +luck +strength available as a rep 8 reward, purchaseable, from Chef Lethrow. A small token for those dedicated fisherman, with stats that help fishing (i could be wrong that luck/strength help fishing). Maybe instead of rep 8, it is one of the long term rewards.

It would be exciting to see things like this from each of the vendors, and if the +stats on that item speak to a players play style, then maybe it incentives them to work that much harder to get rep 8 with that certain vendor. You could equip them to your belt and have that extra stat available whenever you have the item on.

Darius could have a monster skull you equip to your belt and it gives you +crit chance, perhaps a Marlow item would be better for +crit chance and Darius could give you vitality or defense (idk just throwing stuff out there).

There are 7 mission vendors and 7 stat bonuses, right? Darius, Sicilus, Pierre, Marlow, Whisper, Chef, Mayor; Wisdom, Intelligence, Strength, Vitality, Defense, Crit Chance, Luck.

1 Like

I like the idea of the fishing pole and giving things that specifically helps with the mission vendors activity.

I don’t want combat relavant buffs locked behind non combat activities though. Level 8 rep takes a while to get and I dont want players to feel obligated to grind activities they don’t enjoy in order to optimize their dps.

I do like the idea of
Fishing->slightly higher fish scent/luck
Gathering->slightly more gathering nodes
Critter->slightly higher critter spawn rate
Darius->higher luck
Events->mount speed
Dragon racing->quicker dragon breeding
Pvp->increased chance for getting 2 trickster tokens

5 Likes

Fishing->slightly higher fish scent/luck
Gathering->slightly more gathering nodes
Critter->slightly higher critter spawn rate
Darius->higher luck
Events->mount speed
Dragon racing->quicker dragon breeding
Pvp->increased chance for getting 2 trickster tokens

These are all great ideas! The point about combat buffs being locked behind non combat grind walls is valid, I was just using modifiers that are currently available.

1 Like

Honestly I think that a direct combat intensive like higher stats would encourage players to play all the content the devs made. I really don’t want to do things like dragon racing but having it give a real advantage would give something log on and grind for.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.