More Effort From Devs

It would be great to have some more interaction from devs towards the community. The game feels poorly made, with little to no effort in the game at all. The most we have is a player made discord and this forum which for all we know devs don’t even pay attention to. How about a dev video? Or someone to have the job of interacting with the player base. If nothing changes then the game is going to just get tossed aside once the other two VRMMORPG games come out. HMU devs prove me wrong

Dude the devs read every post on the forums lol. They release videos on YouTube, and they have a guy who’s job is to interact with the community, which he does daily. The devs even attend events in game. Please don’t troll here.

8 Likes

Ilysia, Archgate and Zenith all look really good an I am definitely going to buy them and play them, but none of them would or could ever be good enough to make me consider tossing Orbus…

I’ve hosted several community events and had Matthieu the community manager show up as well as multiple other Devs like Jake and Robert. There’s an entire video on my channel over one of the events. They chilled with us community and even shared a game the Devs play on occasion “Lore Trivia.” Patches and Updates happen all the time. In the event in the video more dragon colors being added was mentioned and then following shortly after the event Devs released the new zone in the Tavern and hosted their own event which was a Q and A thing and they brought up adding more colors to dragons and I believe literally the next patch the Devs answered and gave the community what they wanted. You have to understand and comprehend that whatever you’re asking for has to be within reason and be on line with the Devs vision for the game. After all it is their game.

2 Likes

Well I can admit when I’m wrong about Devs being active in the community, but rather than focusing on new dragon colors they should be more focused on making the games mechanics better, or even making a more comprehensive tutorial. Or getting rid of quest items for a quest that isn’t active anymore.

Those are all things that take time and effort, while adding more dragon colors probably take almost no time and effort, while it makes a portion of the community happy. When making an online game like this you have to keep adding new things semi regularly in order to keep the playerbase interested.
So adding more dragon colors was quick, easy and didn’t take much time away from their actual work focus(which is probably HM citadel/bard fixes atm) and made some of the community happy, aka there’s not really anything to complain about there.

6 Likes

What about the amount of players who don’t care for dragons

Then you wait for the new HM Citadel raid where they’re adding in a whole new level of armour and weapons

2 Likes

While I would agree that some new dragon colours isn’t under S tier updates, more dragon colours was requested by the community.

The title of this thread is a bit one sided but I do understand what you mean. However, I’d argue that they have been putting more effort into this game recently. Sure it’s not huge game changing additions, but the devs have been pushing more additions to this game more frequently.

I do know for a fact that they do take suggestions here since my treasure map idea went through.

You’d like to see more bigger updates rather than these little ones. However, I wouldn’t try to call the devs lazy.

Unless you have been in this game for a long time (several months) I don’t think you are in any place to say that. The devs have put in an amazing amount of effort with such a small dev team. I have had a number of issues and the devs have solved almost every single one. Even when they can’t, it’s clear they tried their absolute hardest. The devs do not have to prove they interact with the community, you just need to open your eyes. They are on the forums and at this point discord daily. They answer messages and help players as soon and as quickly as possible. They basically built this game from the ground up twice. They are adding so much more content and are still very active in the community. You are clearly a troll so why don’t you leave this to rest.

Tldr, you clearly are not an older player so please, before you diss the devs, look around and realize how much they are doing. A post like this, especially when they’re working on all new content, is very disheartening.

1 Like

You all make pretty valid points and I may have gotten riled up by guild mates, sadly idk how to take this post down

There’s no need to. As long as you recognize how much the devs do to make you happy.

bro i talk to the devs like all the time lol what are you talking about

2 Likes

Agreed w/ everyone’s comments. I’m a newish and the devs have responded to all of my emails and questions. Do you even understand the magnitude of what it takes to create something like this? Instead of complaining about X, Y and Z maybe you could be proactive and offer to help in some way. I work in a parallel industry and if they ever asked for help I’m more than happy to chip in because we all benefit from their work. Its supposed to be a community and not “I want this make it for me.”

1 Like

Did you really read all of the comments or not? I stated that they all made good points but thanks for ur input

Locked by request of original poster.

1 Like