More whimsy in your beautiful world

I feel that what OrbusVR needs most is more whimsy and personality. The graphic style imitates Zelda to good effect, but what makes Zelda so awesome is the huge about of crazy, cool and funny things happening all over the place. I think it’s disappointing that at level 14-15, I’m grinding on foxes and elk. Foxes and elk. Why am I killing foxes and elk? Are they a threat to the realm? It’s not like I’m even harvesting skins - which, btw, is another thing I think would REALLY improve the game, i.e. a large variety of mob drops that would be used in crafting and to make really cool and unique looking gear. Anyway, I think there should be cooler, crazier mobs to kill. At a minimum, standard fantasy fare, goblins, trolls, various undead. Better yet, make up your own completely crazy stuff. I like the things that come out of sheep unexpectedly. More stuff like that, please! Introduce your mob designer to LSD. Another benefit would be that it wouldn’t matter that your sound effects are completely bizarre and unrealistic if they are attached to a three headed spider/goat. As opposed to an elk, which I know does NOT sound like that!

The cities also feel barren, like vast spaces of lost opportunity. I was so disappointed when I first explored Guild City. The best situation would be if they were filled with players, like Highsteppe. Maybe that would be achieved if there were many more little quests given out by various NPCs in these places. But failing that, the cities should be filled with NPCs doing all kinds of interesting things. There is that one little musical group in Guild City, OK, multiply that by about 50. Kids chasing dogs/chickens, playing ball, battalions of guards marching in the streets, carts full of cachectic prisoners, or even darker stuff, like people in cages or at a minimum, stocks (isn’t your story centered around a fascist/theocratic regime?). Maybe book burnings? Beggars, for sure.

9 Likes

I’m looking forward to the guild city revamp. The highsteppe changes are really good and a GC streamlined design and additional reasons for hanging out there would really liven up the world. Mid-to-late gamers spend all their time in dungeons or random zones leveling. I’d love a reason to hang out in the massive Guild City.

2 Likes

We are totally on the same page about this, and we’ll have some major announcements on this front later in the current roadmap.

5 Likes

Personally I feel they should make GC into a city where Fellowships gather, I meen… come on…GUILD city :grin:

Agree on rest more or less, allso make drops more logical… Blue scales from Cactuars???

Actully… blue scales from anything that aint blue?

1 Like

This made my day so much freaking better hahaha

Have someone take you to the wilds… the aberrations are neat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.