MSQ and soloing in general

I played the original orbus and never had an issue soloing. Frequently I could solo group mobs and a low mob like a green was cake. I did almost the entire main story quest solo. I find reborn to be quite different and the color code doesn’t seem predictive on the difficulty of the mob in a lot of cases. For instance Bucket Scav and Enraged Scav Knight both appear to have the exact same degree of difficult based on the green color code. I find bucket scav goes down easily as expected with ending fight at 80%+ health. On the other hand the enraged scav need seems to have 4x the amount of health and kills me in about 1/4 the time. Are these not intended to be soloed? Is there some trick to killing them I might be missing? Is it going to be possible to do most/all of the main story quest solo?

Not sure if this is related to scaled/unscaled, but just in case: There are two different types of mobs in Reborn: Some are levelscaled, the colorcode indicates their base level (below yours - green, matching yours - pink, above - red), but they will always be scaled to be close your level. If they’re green they will be easier, but only a bit because of the scaling.

The non-levelscaled got boxes around their level-indicator, means their base-level is not scaled up or down. So for example in Highsteppe you can find low levels (for example in green Lady’s Temple) which actually feel like low levels. In other zones the base level is higher, so green unscaled feel much harder than in Highsteppe or Rainforest.
Unscaled/boxed can be far below your level or far above it, the levelscaled can not.

As for difficulty, I got issues with most groups in the wastelands except I grind them down with a musky. They are possible to solo with other classes if your damage is either very high or if you try to separate them by leashing a part of the group or if you stand in places where pistolers can’t hit you etc.

Then there’s different difficulties in mob mechanics, health and dmg, according to the type of mob, sure, but if you die from one scaled green, and not from other scaled greens, you likely miss something like dodging his smash, interrupting certain attacks or such. If a mob is solo (and non-elite like some in the dlc) he’s normally intended to be soloed, possibly a higher level/better talents/rotation helps (it would help knowing which class you play).

It was a combination of levelscale and difficult mechanic requiring a lot of moving. I was able to beat it by switching to my ranger who is a few levels higher and a lot easier in mobile fights to kite around (at least for me).

Just a tipp, you don’t really need to do any kill quests before you are level 30, and neither the lore quests (which give no or barely xp anyway, these are rather for story and fun). Missions and events are the main xp sources, so having at least one class on 30 makes it easier to get around harder fights, only watch out that you switch to the class you want your xp on when you turn in a mission and also shortly before events end.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.