Multi-Shot timing make it hard to hit the target

At the moment the multi-shot trigger a millisecond after the normal arrow. During that time if you hold the bow horizontally it wiggle a bit and the multi-shot arrow is being shot on the side. Just as we see here :

I’m just holding my bow hand still for the time being. Archery stance ftw… Then again I’m running Precision so it’s easier

Oh my hand is really still and not moving, I don’t know if it’s because on the rift I can’t align my two hand perfectly and have to be parallel on the side so this move pull my bow, but my bow is constanstly moving from side to side when I shoot.

Side to side without an arrow drawn? When you’re drawn back the arrow follows your back hand as well, but it shouldn’t be significant if your draw is consistent. I’m on Rift too.

When I pull my arrow my bow moves a bit and when I release it comes to a normal postition. It normally never bothered me, but with the new talent “multi-shot” the second arrow trigger when the bow comes back to it’s original position, so the arrow goes on the right of the target (as shown on the picture).

Yup, that’s where a traditional archery stance is coming in handy for me. With my bow already aligned with the target in a steady state, the release doesn’t throw the second shot off target.

Maybe Riley can fix it so the second arrow perfectly follows the first, but he probably can’t fix the way your bow hand torques the bow on arrow release.

Just uploaded a vid of the bug on youtube : https://youtu.be/U0fsDU9k-ZE

We can see that even when I shoot slowly the bow moves back to a different position when I release.

@Cowboy it is not doing that for you ?

It doesn’t go that crazy on me. Your bow hand is out of line, or rather, your wrist is turned at an angle. It’s called “riser torque.” It’s something I noticed early when playing Ranger. Others have noticed it too but everyone seems confused as to why it happens in-game. The real-world bow makes it easy to eliminate riser torque because your hands are physically connected by the bow itself, but in VR you don’t have that luxury.

You’ll need to find the hand position that keeps the bow still on release and train your muscle memory to keep it there, or hope that Riley updates Multi-shot so that the empowered arrow trails the first perfectly. Holding the bow in a more vertical position also seems to help, but as you see in your video riser torque is still an issue no matter what.

Aright, thanks for the help. I’ll play with it to try and fix my posture till Riley come with further information.

It’s old habits tho, never bothered with that. Hope it won’t be too hard :sweat_smile:

It’s easier with Precision because that talent allows you to keep your bow hand steady and draw as you would a normal bow. I get the feeling though that most users will stick with Rapidity because it’s what they’re used to. Rapid fire is where you see the most riser torque, for obvious reasons.

If you want to hang out in-game and talk Rift Ranger let me know.

1 Like

@Riley_D Any insight about a quick-fix or should I start working on a new stance already ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I’m thinking we’re just going to have to re-work this talent and just make it so that you have a random chance to fire an empowered shot instead or something.

1 Like

Good with me. Wouldn’t have complained too much if you said I should go and “get-good”. After all it seems like it is possible to shoot without the bow moving everywhere like in my video.

Just wanted to know if it was something you planned on fixing before I put to much effort. And wanted to know what to say if anyone asked. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer. Have a nice day (Outlander too, just saw you here).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.