Multiclass Desynch

Changing classes can desynch the character. This happens quite often.

Steps to replicate: switch classes really fast.

2 Likes

This has been happening a lot more frequently over the past few weeks. some days seem worse than others

It’s driving me crazy.

1 Like

2 Likes

Another similar and frustrating bug is when you switch class it changes but doesn’t give you any talents.

basically crippling you as a ranger or being very frustrating as I run 4 instrument bard so I sit there for a min wondering why the 4th orb wont activate.

2 Likes

I spent a lot of time trying to reproduce this issue or even get it to happen once, have you noticed any patterns or a step by step? Even after 30+ minutes in populated areas switching classes I wasn’t able to get it to happen.

I’ve got all my classes with full loadouts applied. Pets, hip slots, all armor, rings. I switch from the new weapon to the weapon I have equipped quickly. That’s…pretty much it :confused: Even in low populated areas it’ll bug out. I’ll see if I can get it on video with the output log.

I have found that if I replace my weapon by sliding it from my weapon slot onto the weapon in my inventory that I want to switch to rather than from the inventory to the weapon slot it causes errors and occasional desync if I try switching classes again.

I am not sure why that would have any effect but it may help you in trying to reproduce the issue.

I am not sure if that was clear, reading it myself confuses me a bit…

What I mean is…

If I am on my Runemage and I want to switch to my Paladin I will choose my hammer from my inventory and place it into my weapon slot. When I do it that way I personally do not generally experience any problems…

When I instead, while playing as a Runemage, click my equipped wand first and then select my Paladin hammer to replace it I find errors to be common… including desync…

Trying this method I’ve had it happen a couple times that the weapon icon is the wrong one (as in, it doesn’t switch at the right time) but it’s only a visual issue in the inventory and I’m not getting any weird multiclass issues yet.

The not switching is easily the most common one, but the same process occasionally throws this weird bug.

1 Like

Mathieu you just need to actually play the class you are on, then switch classes. Try doing a sharded dungeon then switch classes near the end this will be almost 100% going to happen

1 Like

I think you cant get this to replicate because you are not doing what we are doing, it happens a lot it is almost a guaranteed thing.

My goal at the moment is to narrow down the amount of variables as much as possible and reproduce it in the smallest scale possible, I’ll post another thread on this subject shortly.

Essentially, doing a group shard with many players doing many different things and wildly varying circumstances makes it extremely difficult to find where the issue comes from since there are no errors associated with it, and makes it impractical to debug when a programmer is repeatedly testing for it.

The ideal scenario is being able to log on and immediately have it happen, which I completely understand isn’t the case for many of these. But some I’ve been able to reproduce, like for example the desync on death from a fresh login scenario.

Edit: Reproducible Desync Hunt

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.