Musketeer lack of variety

I would like to know what other musketeers thoughts are on adding more orbs. Specifically adding a 5th orb into the rotation. I feel like renew, cure wounds, life well, and shield should always be handy, but adding a 5th orb might make things more interesting. Having 4 for old orbus was fine considering how powerful our heals were. Perhaps giving us another option for our battle rez would help also. I’ve seen many times where the Rez wasn’t an option due to needing weakness orb or decurse. I’d just like to be able to use more than the standard 4 healing orbs at our disposal.

I’ll give you guys an extra orb when you give rangers an extra arrow. Complaining that you don’t have enough variety at 4 abilities while there are classes with only 2 is somewhat laughable.

1 Like

With the amount of interrupts that are needed, I’d kill for 1 more orb slot.

3 Likes

Because DPS class vs Support is the same thing…lol. But why not make a different thread rather than try and derail mine?

I’ll entertain your tangent long enough to point out that Rangers have 4 abilities at any given time: 2 arrows, charge shot, and trap. Still less than the other classes, but still more than what is claimed.

Now, back to musketeer, I’m slightly disappointed that you only get 4 orbs for a fight but I’m glad it’s not 20 skills to keep track of like other RPGs. I think the game design philosophy puts emphasis on cool down control and opportunity cost, which to me makes a game more challenging and rewarding than just managing a resource pool. It’s a fair tradeoff that allows skill to shine in individual healers, and I appreciate that.

1 Like

I mean… Trap is the number one most complained about “ability” because it fizzles half the time and is completely useless on all elites and bosses. Charged shot is pretty much always used on piercing arrow, so really we only have 2.

?
This is orbus, everyone is every class.
There is no we and them, if you prefer one class, play it!

Ranger could really use a third arrow, and with the new system, musky could use a fifth orb. I’m sure Riley will add it eventually, just as he will add new spells for the mage eventually. (Something he is avoiding because it will mess with all current spell shortcuts as far as I know)

2 Likes

I do agree that musky has become quite lackluster now with the gimped heals. I dont know if a 5th orb is necessarily the answer, although id welcome it. It certainly would make the class more interesting to play being able to regularly use your neglected orbs such as ice/gravity/weakness.

I think what i would really like to see is some tweaking of those unused support orbs to make them more viable, and to make the musketeer class more viable as a support class with a little more damage than it has now. Bard already does more DPS and it seems healing (i dont have a lot of data to directly compare currently) than musky does now. Basically turning musky into a class you keep around in order to have a battle res.

Edit - To clarify, I would prefer these sort of changes, rather than just buffing musky heals back to what they were (although a slight buff to renew would be welcome) I think these sort of changes would add a lot more depth to the class, and make it more fun to play than just being a heal bot.

2 Likes

Yessssss. Musky has been more fun to play in reborn IMO. With the gravity orb being thrown in the mix more because of new mechanics. It would be cool to see some of the other orbs develop the same way mayyyyyybe with a little buff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.