Musketeer solo_

Hey everyone,

i was wondering if anyone of you guys are able to solo kill impossible rated Mobs as a Musketeer?

Absolutely, some of the best experience from grinding comes from them. Just slow going is all

3 Likes

As long as you dont mess up and dodge stuff , it make take a year but you can solo a lot of stuff. yes you can do it but you probably should not do to how long it will take.
Btw this is coming from some who had around 350hrs of active play time on a musk and about 500hrs in game musk is my main.

1 Like

I took on an adolescent, red difficulty, pigman.
I could kill one, healed up and tried another one… failed.
But yeah, i think i just need to level and gain experience :slight_smile:
Also i love the Musketeer because if i see some random person in trouble i always stop by and support them with healing :yum:

3 Likes

yep the run by heal to save a life for the win! And ya your get use to it and learn how to use orbs at the right time, most I see spam the orbs :frowning:

1 Like

Having taken up Musketeer to fill in the Warrior downtime, I think Musketeer is a lot more complex than people give it credit for. Positioning, choice of orbs and when to use them, communication with the party are all super critical for a Musky. As a tank in dungeons I appreciate a solid Musketeer so much.

5 Likes

I can appreciate a good tank that understands that too. It takes playing from all sides to understand the true pain of all in the end.

3 Likes

We just cleared out the dungeon with the Rock Golem and yeah, positioning is everything. Also when to use what orbs.
I figured out what orbs i prefer and also i just killed my first tiger ‘difficult’ all by myself as Musketeer, pretty proud of myself :smiley:

3 Likes

but still i can’t kill a stupid redtail on impossible :joy:

congrats on clearing the dungeon

1 Like

You can solo 5 star mobs as a Musky, but its the return for your time that is important. If you could have killed 10 reds in the time it took you to kill an elite or 5stars, then its sometimes slower. Also consider pulling multiple pink stars since your attacks are AOE, as sometimes its the best XP based on the time.

4 Likes

@Robert , thank you!

@Zachary_R , pink stars are the one which are ‘same level’ right? I could try to pull some wyverns in the burning trees area, maybe ill try that since they’re all pink. At the moment i am farming the adolescent pigman on difficult since i found myself a way to kill them.

Yeah try it out. Its always interesting. Different mobs may be harder or easier to kill two at a time, and your gear is also a factor.

Experiment and try to get the most XP for your time.

Don’t forget your super is great at saving you from dying. I find myself using it more often when fighting mutliple enemies.

1 Like

Yeah now i am at level 9 i take on the boars in the Jungle, they are pink for me i can take on 2 of them quite easily and get 200xp from each. Oh maaaaan glad you remind me, i never even looked at the special bar lol. You activate it by pressing both triggers right?

Yep :smiley: Its best for defense but it will let you get poison on the same targets at least twice as well.

Oh, so you can get double poison on a target? That’d be helpful :smiley:
Does the special bar reset when you die?

Yep did the black rainforest archers in front of the camp with the thief (for jethins(?) key) inside, which showed the impossible level. The thief itself been easier, showing red. The archers gave 800+ xp, but you shouldn’t miss any shots, not pull more than one and keep your turret/shield/heals up. I used turret on heal, for orbs renew, shield, for dmg poison and weakness.
Since this went so well I moved on to the desert for manticores and others, able to kill both, reds and impossibles, the shield saved me many times, tried to put that on as soon as it appears.

Later I could not find a group and solo’ed the Wenderwood dungeon where I had Sicilus’ quest open… but at this point I already been level 12 and all showed green, so this is not a great achievement, likely (the bosses still took long, sad that you don’t get any xp at this level; my neck hurts from starring up to the stalaktites and no reward for this but a bit of shards and resources lol).

For solo leveling I still would not search for impossibles, but stick to red, if these give like 500+ xp instead of 800+ the longer time to bring them down plus the higher risk to die and loose drams is not really worth it for me.

2 Likes

I’ll try that right away, thank you!

Now that it’s 6 days ago…
I can kill impossible rated Manticores by now, but it takes a while lol.

1 Like

I chose the warrior as my second class for this very reason. I know I don’t have what it take to be a good Musketeer.

1 Like