Musky Class Feedback

Only few things which I feel are buggy:

• My turret seems fixed in mechanics, but not in appearance, means, I can shake, see the flash, drop it down, and it heals me, yet it doesn’t change to the usual “grey” appearance
  • Is a better weapon in the game, at all? I still have my starter weapon and it feels very weak
  • (Is there any gear for the musky in the game, at all? At first I thought the gear applies to all classes since there’s no class indication on it, now I figured I only, likely, got a set of ranger gear which does show equipped on the musky also, though.)
  • Playing with Rift Controlles I have a really hard time grabbing the orbs with the new hands. I need to like reach back until almost hitting my chest, which feels clumsy and they often just slip through my hands. I don’t have such issues in the original game
  • Lifewell-Orb is way too bright the orb itself and the lifewell as well… arggggh let me close my eyes :smiley:

And a suggestion which was mentioned already very, very often: Default of the Musky turret should be heal, not damage. This is a pressing issue in the current endgame when healers crash or logout and for leveling, specially when mobs are scaled or in groups, it is likely also the option which is more used than the dmg one.

I definitely noticed more difficulty in grabbing orbs as well! Lvl 20 Musky in original, so it’s very apparent for me, when I could practically grab them with my eyes closed or not looking at them… In this, I’ve reached for orbs multiple times and had them not register. I think the available grab box for the orbs has been shrunk or the hand location has changed (see my other statement about registering grabs from pointer finger location rather than from center of palm).

Yep! I got a 200-something damage weapon. RNGeesus must not be with you today

Okay, whoops. So what’s happening here is, in the new game (since we are going to have 8 total classes) for non-raid gear we are switching to a system of Cloth, Leather, and Plate gear. So Musky and Ranger both wear Leather. It should show up as “Leather” in the tooltip but I think that’s not working currently. But yeah basically just equip that gear, that is the correct gear.

For raid gear there will still be a separate set for each class with special class-specific bonuses.

2 Likes

For the record, I absolutely LOVE what y’all have done with the clothing and hope that the stylish equipment persists through endgame!

1 Like

Thanks!

One of the the other things we are changing that I don’t think has been mentioned as much is the way that gear is looked at progression-wise. Now instead of thinking of it as “T1-T14” we are going to have more like “T1-T4”, but many different styles in each tier (again, I’m talking look here, not stats). So for example there will be 3 styles of gear that drop in the overworld for each type of gear (plate, leather, cloth). A style that only drops in overworld dungeons. Two styles that only drop in shard dungeons. A style that is only available for doing a certain mission type, etc.

So a lot more gear will be dropping, and the idea is it becomes less “oh I have to wear this style now because I’m Level 10” and more “I need to do a whole bunch of different types of content to unlock all the styles I want access to!” and then you can use the transmog to just pick the style you like best.

The nice thing about this for us is that it really allows us to have a lot of variety in gear styling. If we want to release a style that is a big floppy mage hat we can do so without getting groans from the part of the population that doesn’t like that look – because there are two other styles available to choose from that are different!

5 Likes

The Gravity Orb doesn’t respawn fast enough for it to be viable in solo combat. I just defeated one of the upright-with-walking-stick enemies that does the stop-and-heal special in between firing bolts… It took me 3 minutes to kill it, with my turret on damage and using poison, mainly because the gravity orb only respawned every OTHER time he was healing.

If these are going to be mechanics necessary for fights, we definitely need a better respawn time on the gravity orb.

The respawn isn’t even fast enough to be viable in a group setting.

1 Like

Also, are we sure muski healing is scaling properly? I feel like my cure wounds was mostly ineffective even with the 600+ dmg weapon I had. I know I’m only level 5, but I’d expect to be able to heal another level 5 up, not just a small fraction of their health.

Also would like to point out that, as it stands, there is a serious inability to solo content with a heal turret active. Musky doesn’t do enough damage with shots for anything but damage turret to be viable, ESPECIALLY not with the mobs healing and us not being able to hit them with gravity orb due to its excessive respawn timer.

Okay, I will take a look at the healing scaling and make sure it’s working. It might be broken.

Also I am planning to reduce the cooldown on the gravity orb.

EDIT: Edited to add, if this was in the swamp zone (on the healing) then it definitely would have been broken until about an hour ago.

1 Like

All of my comments are about overworld mobs, not swamp stuff

while you are at it, can you reduce the cooldowns on the other archer arrows? (not the poison/piercing that everyone uses). noone uses the other arrows because they are just garbage in comparison. Speaking of other arrows though, is it possible to make the spread arrow spread in the direction of the bow? (vertical spread for vertical bow) . I think that would make it more useful.

I just pushed a patch that reduced the cooldown on the gravity orb to 6 seconds.

2 Likes