Mutations: Shared Pain and Hot Foot could be improved

Two things which I wished were changed:

Shared Pain: Should not apply when going to graveyard, it is a major pain when people wipe late and kill those already running, if people need to due to technical issues, if some want to safe their super, others wanna go to the entrance etc. etc.
And in the end this also regularly kills people when some are running back to get loot, others are already done, likely it should not apply at all outside combat.

Hot Foot: Would be more fun if it was a jumping debuff like the Ricardo one (with a short time to dodge it by moving once you notice it). But it seems to apply, like, every single second of the dungeon, requiring constant movement of the whole party on higher shards.
Now depending on the type of controllers moving back and forward or sideways during 30mins (on Rift that means pressing the thumbstick back n forth, continuously, while playing, which is just stupid; touchpad users got a major advantage here) or more is just exhausting and no fun at all. Up to the point that we do less dungeons when there were some hot foot in it… It makes me physically dizzy sliding like that for a longer time, it feels like playing a game on a broken screen, vision not being stable due to the movement. I flatout hate it the way it is right now.

I agree going to graveyard shouldn’t proc share the pain. But it sure is fun to do it to friends while they’re trying to leave the dungeon. We’ve had some laughs with it.

I’ve had no issues ever with hot foot. I’m on a rift. I just do tiny circles while playing. Tbh half the time I forget about hot foot and our healer just out heals it.

1 Like

I wonder what you’re playing tho… because as a Musky I must use both hands, all the time, plus do the moving, for every single handed player it is likely easier (mages do complain alot, too, though, because most average ones need least some stillstanding time to draw). Circles would break my fingers entirely but yea, I also mostly use autorun cuz the pure forward-press is already leaving marks after a while.
(Also there is no healer to outheal you on several occassions, the highest deadrate we had at bosses normally done without.)

you can stand still for about 3 seconds before taking damage, so it would have to be some pretty bad mages if they’re not able to draw a spell in that time. it is annoying tho, but once you get used to it it’s not so bad.

I just make a small teleport jump with my off hand in almost the exact same spot (not using lend a hand) and that mostly fixes it. Not a solution for everyone for sure though :sweat_smile:

I would agree to with the original point on hot foot. I don’t suffer from vr sickness anymore but i do find constantly moving even very slightly constantly for 15 to 30 mins at a time is increasingly sickening.

For a MINOR affix this feels 10x more impactful to gameplay than a Major affix like On_your toes that is very similiar in what it makes you do but just done in slightly different ways.

For my opinion on shared pain i think its in good balance at the moment, however removing it from dealing damage if someone chooses to go to grave sounds like a good QOL and anti grief mechanic. Most people are friendly in this community so its not a immediate issue but the troll in me can see countless opportunities to ruin shards and almost trap people in a shard instance if its possible to grave quickly enough.

1 Like

At the moment you don’t even need to die, just clicking go to grave is enough. On a tank on certain dungeons it can make getting out neigh impossible if abused. It was funny to do for a little bit after dungeons but is slowly getting aggravating when your tank does it at the end of every dungeon.

Personally i think hotfoot is perfectly fine as is. I main runemage, which requires the most standing perfectly still of all the classes, because you have to draw those spells, and i have absolute zero difficulty with it.

Just give your stick/touchpad a light nudge in between drawings runes. You don’t have to move much at all. There is more than enough time to draw a rune before having to move, not just for an experienced runemage either.

As for the other classes, you also don’t have to keep sliding around constantly, just every second or so, take a small step backward, and after a second, forward.

Its a new mechanic, so practice as much as possible!

Although i seriously do believe there should be some visual indicator/audio cue as to when you are being hit from hotfoot. It is not obvious hotfoot is hurting you until your screen is red, or you notice your low HP. Far too many times to count i have heard the words ‘Remember its hotfoot!’ during shard runs.

Fully agree on the share the pain though. :+1:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.