My suggestions for the new dungeons

1. Before we get to go into the dungeon I would think it would be cool to have some quest involved with it, like maybe you have to find some stuff to make a way finder device or some power cell to power up the portal like how we have with the temple dungeon.

2. Although it was originally a joke i feel like some mechanic involving a lot of purple is a must. I mean purple is literally the color of chaos so it only makes sense right?

3. Even though it’s unlikely I must ask that you give the bosses lore, most of the bosses have little to no lore and it takes away from immersion so much. These bosses would be great to start with and if you need help writing it (or you just don’t have the time to) just ask for help and I will drop everything I’m doing and write you some lore for a boss

4. This isn’t exactly a suggestion for the dungeon but maybe next year you guys could consider making a whole zone of the chaos realm!

5. Make the bosses more then just the color of purple, although the airship bosses look cool it is extremely hard to tell what your looking at so adding in a verity of color would be great. Get creative with it!!

6. This is a personal thing but for the realm I feel like giving it an actual skybox and not a bubble that it’s in is something that it would really need because the bubbles feel like the astral pockets so having a whole realm in one will make it feel small and its not supposed to look small

That is all I have for now. I also get that you guys are probably pretty far in development with the stuff and have a plan for most of the things but it’s still good to give suggestions i think.

3 Likes

we’re getting new dungeons???

edit: OMG ITS IN THE ROADMAP OOPS

I have an idea for this, although it might be way too overpowered lol. Im thinking, a small, player sized (or maybe slightly bigger) boss who is like an assassin, and has like a scythe. Maybe, after every minute or smth like that, the entire room fills with purple gas that slows you down or makes you dizzy and obscures your vision, and then the assassin boss will rush towards one of the DPS and instakill them. If you cast the light spell and everyone huddles around you, then the boss will be repelled and the room will go back to normal. Let me know what you think.

1 Like

Mechanics that 100% require the use of a specific class should never happen. Pillars in boss 2 of temple are the closest thing we have to that that I can think of, but even then, I’ve handled 2 of the pillars at once as a Ranger before.

I agree that we shouldn’t force a class to be played but maybe there could be some light mechanic that you could do without a mage by turning on a light some how but things like the mage light spell a body lantern potion or the lantern that you can wear on your side could also work, this way things that were useless before could become somewhat useful

1 Like

Are you referring to the orbs on mistkeeper? I think every DPS has the ability to cover one of them, and musketeer has the ability to cover atleast one. Obviously affliction 2 runemage is what everyone thinks about, but if you had any other mix of DPS I see it as possible. I have never seen a shaman take one orb, I can’t see why it wouldn’t be possible though. You might have to have one dps assigned to each orb, still should be simple.

Runemage makes it the easiest, but in no way is a runemage required.

2 Likes

Actually, i like the lantern idea even better than the light spell idea! That would be so cool.

1 Like

I’m not so sure the lantern idea is a good idea. It doesn’t seem very interesting, it’s essentially just “If you have belt item you live, and otherwise you die.” It’s also a mechanic that requires no user interaction to succeed.

Possibly something like preborn Potion Keeper where an object spawns somewhere in the room, and everyone needs to get to that object to stay alive? It could be some sort of light that players would have to move to before the boss completes an animation.

I think something like this would be both difficult and interesting:

• A crystal spawns somewhere in the room and emits light. Everything besides the area illuminated by the crystal goes black. After 4-6 seconds (so you can’t time it), the boss will rush to a random DPS member and have an AoE (think Citadel Boss 2 jump).
  • If the DPS are not near the light, they will be unable to see when the boss jumps or the AoE, and they will die. If they are near the light, they just have to jump away. After the jump, the room returns to normal and the fight resumes.

Also, don’t make players dizzy. Smooth Locamotion VR is uncomfortable enough for some people, we don’t need to make it worse for them.

1 Like

how about an affix that adds a lantern that spawns at the beginning of the dungeon like golden egg? you would have to toss it around to every member of the party every few seconds to clear some sort of darkness stacks.

2 Likes

By obscure players vision, i didnt mean dizzy. I meant more of a smoke or a mist.

That could be interesting, but it might be buggy as hell. I could easily see the lantern vanishing, clipping through walls or just eliminating itself from existence like GC crystals.

tbh golden egg was a similar concept and it didn’t really dissapear or desync much from what i remember. i do remember it falling into the giant pit in temple though on “accident.”

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.