Name change token

I’d like to see a name change token implemented. Having recently had my name changed, I felt guilty about pestering the dev team to do it. If I could purchase a name change from the cash shop, I would feel good about the request as I am contributing to the game and not wasting their time. It serves the purpose of being another revenue stream without having to go to a subscription model. Having an in-game way of obtaining the token, for example purchasing it with X number of trickster tokens or some other item, would also allow for this service to be accessible to all players.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I believe the reason it has to go through the devs is due to players if they could be toxic and change there name to hide it. So this is to prevent abuse

1 Like

I’m not saying it shouldn’t go through the devs. Just that we buy a token and they then remove it from our inventory or account once the change is performed

Seems like the same process with extra steps

3 Likes

1 Like

I may be wrong but I believe in the menu in the area you can submit a bug report theres also a section for name change requests. Im not 100% im like. 85%.

Yes, the extra step is a nominal fee charged for the service which helps keep the game subscription free and reduces the frequency of people requesting name changes freeing up devs time.

But you said the devs would still need to approve the change? Also adding something like this could allow people to be bad then change their names to get away with it

I do like and agree with supporting the game but paying to change your name just seems weird.

I think a little overthinking is going on here.

I see people regularly abuse the name change system currently in place. With my idea, it wouldn’t be different from how it is currently done, there would just be a small fee involved because of the devs are working on your name, they aren’t working on other revenue generating projects.

I’m not suggesting the name change itself should be automated.

one way of avoiding the name change thing being abused could be a tag or some other identifier that can’t be changed similar to how discord has numbers. you could also make make character names and account name both appear over someone’s head but that might be a security risk.

Every player has a unique ID on the API, just not something that is visible in-game.
If you were to just put a long cool down on it it would be less abusable, something like you can only purchase/use one every 3 months(or maybe more)

I would think a report of abusive behavior from other players would be applied to the user account at a level not dependent on the user name. The report would be submitted via the player name, but once an account is tagged, it should remain tagged or else making a name change would create a whole new account. You have to figure that if an account is sanctioned, there has to be documentation in the account as to the reason.

Automated name changes should be a function that can be done without fear of abuse. Normally, a name change would have a minimum time between changes. Maybe 30 days.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.