Nerf on Healing Potions

Yeah idk what I keep saying that.

I’m referencing the inaccuracy of hitboxes when jumping around like shown in the video.

1 Like

Ah gotcha, thank you for the clarification.

How I feel about people defending potions not needing a cooldown timer:
IMG_2530

1 Like

I don’t believe it is a numbers game at all. I have numerous times beaten 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3, etc. In fact our guild has numerous times beaten parties twice our size. There is a bit of a skill gap in PvP. Knowing when to dodge seeing what the enemy is using, watching what arrows, spells, orbs they are loading. Looking at what potions they have at their hip. Are they teleporting or smooth locomotion, do they take big jumps or little jumps. Knowing how many of certain spells/arrows will kill that class. Just analyzing enough to develop a strategy to kill them. Like anything the more practice anyone does the better they get.

Do you really think you lost b/c of the potions or bad strategy/execution? People always seem to have excuses of why they lost, “they used an invisibility potion, they had better gear, they used a healing potion, they used a speed potion, my arrows/spells went right through them, etc.” As I mentioned above there are quite of few factors that play into PvP and without the proper practice/preparation you are going to have a hard time against veterans regardless if there is a cd on potions or not.

1 Like

It is not your responsibility to refrain from doing things that are unfair (in anyone’s eyes) It is the developers responsibility to make the game fair and prevent players from being able to do those things. Hopefully reborn will sufficiently address this.

Your guild clearly takes advantage of these things more than everyone else (which is fine. Again, not your responsibility) However, I do feel that some of you are completely disingenuous about the use and effectiveness of these items, on the forums. You use fights with groups of people who, until recently, were wearing < shard 5 gear as examples where you were outnumbered and won without potions, and try to use that as evidence that potions dont matter (even though in this thread you guys got called out for using an invis pot on at least one of those fights… to take out two people. …One pot… two people.) But, the last time i showed up i saw a guy use at least 4 pots while fighting me. And someone else called out a person in this thread as well.

Thats the kind of stuff im used to when I go for the chest (very rare these days) because you guys often did stuff like that, whether its invis pots or health pots. Again, you’re allowed to. I dont fault any of you personally for doing what the developers allow you to do, but i cant even take you guys seriously when you keep trying to argue that using pots (invis/health) in their current forms, isnt broken, when it seems like everyone who doesnt actually team up with you, seems to think they could use a nerf. That said, i dont need to always take you guys seriously. Sometimes im ok with making a joke about glitter and giving you an amazing ice cream cone to enjoy, but apparently thats offensive or something… maybe you guys are lactose intolerant (i diddnt know) …although i know this place that uses coconut milk instead of dairy, and it will blow your mi…im getting off track.

I dont think healing potions are so prohibitively expensive that it isnt realistic to think that other people could do it too (invis pots were more out of reach for most) :arrow_right: I also dont think that is ultimately the point. Im not gonna make some assertions about how you couldn’t win if you didnt use potions. Im sure you would, often. None of that changes whether or not potions are broken.

6 Likes

Let’s be honest, you stopped going to the chest because you repeatedly got rolled and b/c you’re a primary PvE guild and no-one really wanted to practice PvP to get better, instead they would constantly blame everyone and everything for their failures in the wild but themselves.(I can pull up plenty of forum post to support this claim)

Also gear has very little to do with it. I’m very confident we could take a group of 5 with us being in desert gear vs a group of 5 peeps in t12 or better and win consistently. I would be willing to bet any amount of dram on this.

2 Likes

I think this thread has run its course, and it had some nice debate back and forth but the sniping at fellowships (from either side) isn’t productive.

The “official” dev position on the original subject is that we’re always listening to feedback and discussions like this, and that we’re open to making changes so we talk about ideas like this internally for the shorter term, but also keep in mind that PvP will be overhauled with Reborn.

So again, we do appreciate respectful PvP discussion and it does inform the changes we’re making and will be making in the future so that hopefully more people can enjoy PvP on a more accessible level.

2 Likes