New Adventurers’ Meetup! -- Community Event Hosted by the Developers Nov 2nd

We are excited to announce an in game Community Event: The New Adventurers’ Meetup, which will take place Saturday, Nov. 2 at 7 PM CST. We are hoping this event will bring together newer players and experienced players to share tips, chat, make new friends, possibly find some new players to party with, etc.

We are extremely lucky to have such a helpful community (the best in VR), and are hoping that some of our more experienced players from the community would be willing to assist the developers in coaching the players that show up to the event. In an ideal world we would have at least one experienced player for each class to provide a quick “how to play” overview and answer any questions about that class, as well as a few others who can provide some 1-on-1 mentoring to guide any new players through the tutorial, killing their first monster, starting the main story quest, first dragon race, etc.

Every time I get in game, I come across experienced players helping new players, showing just how great our community is. We are hoping this event will be a new way to pair players of different skill levels and continue to build our community even more. Of course, all are welcome to attend, no matter what level of experience you have in game! But if you are interested in helping out with mentoring some of the newer players, either post below or just PM me with what you’d be willing to help with.

Here are the full event details:

"The OrbusVR community wants to welcome all new adventurers and help them on their travels through the game! Join other players to trade tips, ask questions, find players to party with, and theorize on strategy.

Experienced players along with the game’s developers will be on-hand to help. We can walk you through the tutorial, show you the best combination for Warriors, or show you the best way to cast a Fireball as a Mage as well as tips for all the other classes! Even if you’re not a new player, you can meet other players to find a new group to play with. We encourage all players no matter their skill level to join us.
We will be meeting at 7 PM CST next to the starting graveyard where you first begin the game outside Highsteppe Gates, and will hang out until 9 PM CST. We hope to see you there!"

7 Likes

That is a really nice idea! If it turns out well I hope it will be adapted to other timezones, though, because in Europe this is around 2am and not all can stay up this late… I am sure if there was a date around 6 hours earlier the european community would be glad to come together like this as well.

I agree as I too would love to come along but it is to late in my time zone to be there

1 Like

We are hoping to have a good turn out to this event and will hold more in the future and can have different timed events to try and catch a wider range of players outside the CST timezone.

2 Likes

I would love to attend this event to get my runemage casting down but the time works out to 1am here in the UK. I hope there are more events happening at a better time for Europe.

Just bumping this thread up so players will see it, also still looking for any additional players that want to help out by teaching the tips and tricks of their class to the newer players!

I would be able to give a few tips on runemage with it being my main class and having taught new players in the old game before. I also have musketeer and warrior at 30 with enough shard experience o my belt to give a few tips.

2 Likes

Wish I could, as I spend so much time putting out material to help newer players, but I’ll be unavailable at that time :frowning:

2 Likes

noooooo I’ll be at work :<
was looking forward to showing all the newbies the ways of the shaman ruperts

2 Likes

Everyone must be taught the firework spell so everyone can fire it up at the same time for this event! Let’s make this happen my people.

3 Likes

So we all can be disappointed when there is no sound to the fireworks right?

3 Likes

Oh my man Ritchleth you are correct, let’s go devs mini patch!

2 Likes

I’ll do my best to be there :+1:

3 Likes

Just an update, Im going to be in game 30 minutes early to meet with any of the players coming to help teach to coordinate everything, and try and get set up, hope to see everyone there!

1 Like

As always, it was a pleasure playing with everyone!

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks to all the veterans that were able to make it out and help teach,hang out, answer questions, everything. Was a great time and well be sure to do this again in the future, I think that this was a great success and a lot of new players were able to get help with their class or make some new friends! And if you are a new player to the game, don’t hesitate to ask anyone in game a question anytime, our community is one of the best in VR.

2 Likes

Just came here to say thanks. I’m the type of newbie this was designed for. DaHamm was in charge of paladin training and he really went above and beyond.
Had a great time, learned a great deal and he gave me a freaking dragon that PICKS UP LOOT. how cool is that

5 Likes

Awesome, this is the reaction we wanted! :smiley:

Thank you all for coming, and a great thank you for those who were there to help and teach as well!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.