New Adventurers' Meetup - Teaching New Players Community Event Nov 14th

About a year ago, we hosted a new player meetup with the help of many Orbus veterans, and it went fantastic. We had mentors for each class teaching newbies about the ins and outs of each playstyle, and we would love to do that again as there’s been another wave of new players joining the game.

It’s also a great place to make new friends or even potential fellowships! This community is wonderful and we’re really grateful to have you all.
We’re hosting another event like it at 3PM Central US Time, November 14th. and it should run for at least an hour.

We’re looking for one or more teachers for each of the classes and would appreciate anyone who wants to volunteer and help out. Please leave your name and the class you’d like to teach newbies about!

Current Volunteers:

In case of multiple shards (expecting at least two)

Shard 1: Daynab as contact point
Mishka - Bard
buckyboi - Runemage
kingme - Runemage
TonyTheTaco - Musketeer
Richleth - Warrior
Zadkins - Ranger
Cygnotic - Scoundrel
Blackthorne - Shaman
Pogchamp - Paladin

Shard 2: jakeee or Suze as contact point
Alarmclock - Runemage
Belagrath - Scoundrel
Lz - Runemage
ItzTyla - Musketeer
VolticRanger - Ranger
Spiicy - Runemage

We’ll be divided roughly like so to help organize the different groups:

There will probably be 2 or 3 different shards so anyone who would like to help point new players to where the action takes place is very welcome as well.

Finally, there will of course be a Dev presence there. I will be attending and you may see a couple other developers around. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

12 Likes

Love to see this happening! I’m more than happy to work with Bards (my main class), Musketeers (my secondary), and Rangers (my main DPS)! I can also help with Runemages, but I feel like there will be plenty of mages there to do that as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I should be able to help with the mage bits if need be

1 Like

I can help with Musket or Runemage!

1 Like

i can help with mage

2 Likes

I can help with Ranger!

1 Like

Time to be the sole warrior

2 Likes

I would love to help if needed I can help teach paladin or runemage

1 Like

I can help with runemage / scoundrel / musky.

-Alarmclock

1 Like

I can help with Scoundrel or Warrior
Or you we have enough of those, I can help direct traffic.
Belagrath

1 Like

I can help with Ranger since I pretty much teach people how to play the game every day - Zadkins

1 Like

I can also help with mage

1 Like

I am not sure I’d call myself a veteran player, but I know the fundamentals of each class except scoundrel. I’d love to help out on Warrior, Paladin, Ranger, Muskie or Shaman… or do anything helpful in getting the word out or helping point new players to where the action takes place.
-Blackthorne

1 Like

I’m down to help with mage or musketeer
-ItzTyla

1 Like

Will we be notified who you need? as volunteers

I’ve updated the OP with a list of volunteers, if I didn’t add you it’s because I didn’t know your character name so please let me know.

It looks like we need more shaman and paladin teachers primarily so if you know any veterans who would like to help out for those, let them know! We appreciate it!

Any help directing new players around would be great in general. There will be a few devs on but it can get pretty hectic especially since there’s been a lot more concurrent players lately.

If you’ve volunteered than we can definitely use your help no matter what, so definitely come online and we’ll meet up maybe 20-30 minutes before the event starts?

Right on. I will come on around 2:30.
I am happy to direct traffic if that is what you need.
I’d be happy to fill a shaman or paladin slot also if you’d prefer.
See you then.

1 Like

Cynotic
I’ll help out, scoundrel, musketeer, tour guide…
Where we meeting up?

1 Like

@Mathieu_D This would be a great time to look at adding the Mage Tourney - Practice Area that was in “OG” Orbus. I thought that was a great event and very entertaining. I do believe it would be helpful for these New Player Teaching Session type of events. Hopefully the Dev team would also add a scored competition area for the other classes as well if you were to add this event back into the current game.

1 Like

I would be more than happy to help in this event as a paladin or a runemage

1 Like