New Dev Blog: Roadmap Q2 2018

Hey everyone,

I have seen a few people on the forums and elsewhere asking for a better-defined roadmap of what’s coming up in terms of the game’s development. So I spent some time this morning writing this up:

Looking forward to all the new content!

19 Likes

You guys Fu$&@#g rock!!! Thank you for all your hard work.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is an incredible amount of transparency and the expected pace of development is equally amazing. I cannot wait to experience all of this in the coming months, holy crap.

I have to ask though, if there is anything you guys can tell us about the Talent system? There is a ton of speculating going on, but can you say if it’s going to replace our existing combat abilities with parallel choices (like WoW talent trees), or is it like an EQ alternate advancement system where it allows continued character progression at max level? Or is it something else altogether? (Completely understand if you guys can’t talk about it yet)

2 Likes

Love the Idea of Pet breeding so much ! This put me back to my child hood when I was playing sonic adventure 2 and doing Chao breeding :heart_eyes:

Also you guys could look at that for nice ideas. Like pet minigames and all.

2 Likes

I had the fanciest Chao garden!

Thank you for the blog post! Hype! Excitement!

1 Like

They mentioned a new art style, does anyone know what this is?

Wow that is some awesome stuff coming so soon. Don’t be scared to push dates back if need good content late is better then bad content early.

2 Likes

We are continuing the work we started from pre-early access in getting all of our art assets in line with the newer cell shaded look. So the artwork the blog is referring to is re-working a majority of the towns/areas to be more fluent with the new art style, this will also help with getting the performance up in some of the areas.

2 Likes

This is so exciting! I can’t wait! You guys never cease to amaze me with how hands on this team is! :smile:

May I suggest changing fragments so that they stack? With the next world boss two months out, my fragment collection might outgrow it’s enclosure.

3 Likes

Yes we will thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes

And maybe give them unique icons!? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you anticipate adding more to the crafting aspect at all within the foreseeable future? That’s one of my favorite parts of an MMO, so I’m excited to see if yours will develop that area well :slight_smile: I like the idea of maybe physically forging yourself equipment one day

Sorry to seem ungrateful, I understand that Orbus is being developed at a the speed of light, but there’s a consensus in a public fellowship chat channel that while we wait for shard dungeons and the next world boss, players would very much like a cosmetic shop - even just a minimal one. Currently there’s no real need for dram, and a cosmetic shop would give us reason to participate in the economy. Also if we’re going to have a little more social time coming up, we’d like to look cute. The top request is for black armor dye. Please feel free to ignore this request, but had to ask. Thanks!

8 Likes

Or Real money ! I mean, how am I suppose to throw my money at you guys ?

3 Likes

Eek! Forgot to add that part, yes payable in cash or dram plea.

1 Like

looks amazing guys love the way you prioritized things looking forward to talent tree’s and even the additions to fishing!

Slandaro

Awesome, I can’t wait.

To piggy back on what Fern said, here are some suggestions that probably wouldn’t take much time to implement and would go over well.

-Add a luxury merchant who sells unique cosmetic stuff for like 10k to 1 million dram (could make it purchasable with real money as well).
-Add rare spawns with rare drops (cosmetic and/or mechanic). You could add one to each of the wilds area, which would guarantee a purple drop.
-Add visible crazy achievements with associated titles.

5 Likes

I strongly agree with all of these suggestions.

I think much of the hardcore community needs carrots to chase for the coming weeks and months until the new content arrives.

I think these drops and offerings could be as simple as existing equipment and items but with a tint shift or something.

4 Likes