New Dev Blog: Shard Dungeons Preview

There’s a new Dev Blog out today with a preview of the upcoming Shard Dungeons which will release this Friday:

Thanks!

7 Likes

30 minute timer? Perfect! Is level 10 the highest or is that just when brutals start?

Level 10 is the highest right now. We may expand it in the future.

Also our goal is for it to take quite a while for people to be able to get that high…like if someone is doing Level 6+ inside of the first week then I will take that to mean we have under-tuned the content.

2 Likes

Well I hope to see shard 10 by Monday!

Challenge accepted:)

2 Likes

Wow, Shards look awesome !

Can’t wait to go back on no sleep mode till we hit level 10.

2 Likes

Will shards be tradeable?

No, they are soulbound. They are destroyable, though.

2 Likes

Not the answer I was hoping for, but good to know. Thanks!

Loot questions:

When do you have to make the selection as to your guaranteed drop for the day? is it before or after the boss chest appears?
If the chest is at the end of the run, when would you want to use a luck potion or when does the luck roll happen?

I still haven’t totally finished that system but right now basically when the Boss Chest drops at the end of the dungeon run, there will just be a prompt that appears that says “Do you want to use your guaranteed drop?”. If you choose “Yes” it will do another roll at that time and generate another chest.

You would want to drink the Luck potion before you kill the final thing needed to complete the dungeon. For most groups I would assume that would be the final boss since you would naturally kill the amount of other enemies needed on the way to the trash, but it probably just depends on how your group ran the dungeon. It will be pretty obvious I think when you’re about to finish it, there’s a status indicator that shows you.

1 Like

Is it possible to leave the dungeon when activated with a shard?

I’m not totally sure I understand your question…if you all leave the dungeon after you use the shard then yeah you can do that, you would just have used up that shard and since you didn’t complete it in time you wouldn’t get a new one, you’d have to go get a new Level 1 shard…

1 Like

So during those 30 minutes you couldn’t step out and keep the remaining time? For instance if someone had afk’d or disconnected and the party had to be reformed

The inability to remove unknown players creates problems when connection issues occur

2 Likes

Going out would be a problem for people going back home to stock potions or even clear the dongeon till 1 add is up and then invite a friend to go in and get the drop.

Getting up to a high tier and losing all the progress due to a power outage or ISP problem would be worse IMO.

Are the mutations displayed to you before you start clearing the dungeons?

Just want to make sure it won’t be possible for a group to clear everything but a small trash mob, kick someone out of the grp and invite a new person so they can get the loot chest?

As long as the dungeon instance is still active you can return to it. So if someone gets DC/ed and then logs back in, that is fine, they would just pick up where they left off. It would only be if everyone in the whole party left the dungeon that you couldn’t return to it because the instance will have shut down.

We will be putting a mechanism in place to prevent people from clearing the whole dungeon then swapping out a single person to give them loot. Most likely it will be we will just take a snapshot of who’s on the dungeon run at a certain point and only those people are eligible for loot or something like that.

You can see the Minor mutations assigned to the shard by looking at its tooltip, as well as what dungeon it has been assigned to. The Major mutations are the same for all dungeons for the whole week, so you’ll know what ones are active this week when we announce it.

If I can suggest, do 2 snapshot, 1 just after each boss kill.

Just to make sure that people don’t go in with 5 people to take the snapshot then switch the player less geared so that he can come back later.

This would make it possible to replace someone who dc’d, but the guy who just came in won’t have a drop till the next run.

2 Likes