New Orbus theory (this one is worth the read trust me)

1 Like

Okay so the cliff notes version:

-The devs are spying on everyone through CCTVs and our VR mics because we waivered our rights.
-Even the Almighty Rupert has a bad boi side.
-Preborn avatars were cuter.
-Anything we’ve ever thought, done or said ingame may be used in the future to cancel us.
-No matter how brutal our death we will have memories of it somewhere in our subconscious in our next life.
-Life exists in balance so we can at least take comfort in knowing that Rupert merch will come eventually.

1 Like

Ummm… that doesn’t sound like what I said… :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :no_mouth:
Cliffs interpretation is definitely compromised…

I WILL BUY RUPERT MERCH!!

By bioluminesence do you mean the essence?

1 Like

Your logic is sound i must admit, and the implications could be a real threat, but i have a couple of questions.

First off, you say that the essence is a “container capable of holding thoughts, ideas, emotions, etc.” I take this to mean that it holds every players’ thoughts, ideas, etc. How does it hold every single player’s consciousness? Does every single monster hold a different players’ consciousness? If so, what does the monsters’ rank have to do with the consciousness it holds, if it has anything to do with it.

If the first question is true, then what happens if you kill a monster that is holding your own consciousness? Does it create a rip in the space-time-continuum, or does the almighty Rupert rectify the situation immediately?

My final question is, what happens to the consciousness of the monsters that dont go into a grinder pot? Does it float around looking for a home to possess, or does it join other monsters’ consciousness?

I am only wearing Rupert merch if it comes out, so it better come out with some pants :wink:

1 Like

biolumin-essence XDXDXD

Bioluminescence is the light that a biolume emits.

A firefly is an example of a bioluminescent creature.
The firefly is a biolume.
The glow the biolume emits is known as bioluminescence

As I believe that the essence is a living entity the pink glow surrounding it is reasonable to describe as bioluminescence…and because it is such a distinct characteristic of the essence I have referred to the essence as a biolume.

So yes… I am referring to the essence by a characteristic of the essence.

It doesn’t hold the consciousness… it reads and sorts thru the conscious for any salient information, then sends that information upwards into the intellect that is its collective self. It has no desire to do anything with the consciousness other than to wring all of the learned experiences from it to increase its own understanding of all things using analytics. It has no interest in anything it cannot use. Information that the collective self rejects is held by the biolumes and granted to players in the form of XP in exchange for the knowledge it gleans by monitoring your actions as you fill the GRINDER.

No monster holds any players consciousness… however the monsters conscious holds a record of all of its own encounters, including the one with the player that caused its conscience to be released. The biolumes collective of self wants to see and understand all interaction from all sides.

The rank or power of the player or monster that the biolumes gather data on is irrelevant. To the biolumes collective self all information is equal. It wants to know everything it does not know and values any new information the same as any other new information.

The reason the grind pot demands that you kill monsters of various skill levels is because the biolumes desire information about everything and do not want the flow of information on certain encounters to stagnate… in that manner the knowledge they harvest remains current and pertinent.

It’s also important to remember that it is in the biolume collectives self interest for all of us to evolve. The more we evolve the more things we will attempt…which means more and newer info is generated.

As to your final question about what happens to an essence that is not collected by the grinder pot… I can’t say… I surmise that the biolumes have some way of intercepting them and collecting whatever info they feel is worthy of collection…

Remember that the biolumes are there and collecting data all the time… we are only able to see them when we “help” them do their job by capturing essences with the GRINDER…

Me too! It would be rather awkward for you if all they released was Rupert Suspenders and a Rupert bikini bottom… :no_mouth:

It has been confirmed to be at least conscious with it becoming the chaos giant although it’s only purpose isn’t to gain knowledge but to just make chaos

1 Like

This is a great theory with the fact that the grinder gives you the loot that the enemy’s you kill drop showing that the essence holds some information off of what it’s sitting

1 Like

This sounds more like the ideas of Janis, it states,
1 good and evil do not exist
2 Knowledge is above all
3 täell-brüha is a gift from the gods

This is very different from what we see with the essence which goal is to, as the name suggests create chaos which is why I mutated many things into chaotic beast to help fulfill its Journey into making our dimension another realm of chaos

1 Like

Think of chaos essence like a virus it try’s to spread from dimension to dimension to just make more chaos so it can do more spreading to cause more chaos

1 Like
1 Like

What about quests. The only reason I have a lvl 4 Warrior is because of quests. Are you saying those are chaotic to?

Yea they give you the xp and if xp is chaos essence then you are chaotic

1 Like

How does the quest give you chaos though.

1 Like

I would guess that the npc gives you the essence, perhaps the essence is some kind of currency to them

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.