New Patch: 3.56

A new patch is going out now on both the client and server with the following changes:

• The tooltip system in the inventory has been re-worked, and now tooltips should appear much more reliably and more quickly when hovering over items.
  • In addition, the Armor (for equipment) and Attack (for weapons) now appears as a small number on top of the icon visible at all times to help easily distinguish items from each other.
  • Fixed the Fireball and Fireball Lvl2 spells to be much more distinct. Also fixed a bug which could sometimes lead to a “rounded B” causing Fireball Lvl1 to cast instead of Lvl2.
  • A new option was added to the Locomotion menu where you can now disable the Vertical Direction mattering for sliding locomotion. So you can have your controller pointed downward and as long as you are going fully-forward according to the thumbstick/trackpad, you will go at full speed.
  • The amount of time an enemy stays around after dying has been increased a bit so you can better see the XP and damage done at the end of the fight.
  • If you equip your Warrior sword into your left-hand, your combo detection is now automatically switched so that left/right swings are reversed. A note was added to the Journal about this as well.
  • If using your Compass while you retrieve your gravestone, it should no longer become stuck. Should also prevent “North” indicators from getting duplicated and stuck as well.
  • Items with 0 durability will now show up with a Red background anywhere in your inventory, not just when equipped. However, note that when you repair your items at an Apprentice Blacksmith, only the equipped items will be repaired.
  • If you have the Journal open when a quest is updated or a new page is added, the blue “new page” exclamation mark will no longer appear on your Player Compass.
  • All fish now correctly weigh 0.1 lbs in your inventory.
  • We now pre-bake collision meshes rather than doing them at runtime which will hopefully lead to some performance improvements when switching between zones.
  • Re-worked the Guild Hall with some miscellaneous changes including better lighting.
  • Various crash fixes, etc.

The client side patches are available for download now and the server will restart shortly. Thanks!

23 Likes

I wanted to specifically highlight this. It was suggested by a couple of community members and makes a lot of sense to me so I made the change. However, at least one other person said they want an option to disable it. Normally I would not want to add an option like that but since the game has been out for a while and “muscle memory” may have set in, I would be willing to.

So basically, if you’re a left-handed Warrior, try it out for a bit today and see what you think. Give it the old “college try.” If you really hate it, let me know and I will get an option added in to disable it. But who knows, maybe you will like it and it won’t be that hard to adjust.

8 Likes

The server restart is now complete and the new patches are available to download. Thanks!

1 Like

These are fantastic changes. Most of the little annoyances are getting fixed, and quickly. Thanks for listening to your players and being so engaged with us. :sunny:

6 Likes

This is sooooo welcome! It was so annoying to have to hold over an item just to see stats and how long it took to do so. Thank you for this change!

5 Likes

Does it update autimaticly from steam or do i have to download something?

It should update automatically. You can restart your Steam client and it should patch it if it hasn’t already.

Awesome, just today i thought i need to switch to head gaze to accomplish that - now i don’t need to, thats great!

thats cool - but when the enemy stays it’s still hit by my spells so this could get annoying in boss fights with a lot of small monsters , what do you think?

These are great changes!
Looks like the guild hall is getting prepped for some cool new stuff in the future!

Hopefully we will be able to have a separate teleport to be able to go there.
(Maybe shake our home teleport item?)

1 Like

This is a client-side only change, the amount of time they are on the server and interact with stuff is unchanged.

Just tested warrior left handed and even though I’ve been trying to practice with my left hand for some time now, it’s already a much smoother experience to get combos off than before. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay thats great! talking about this topic: during the boss fight in the rainforest dungeon the tentacles are getting hit even when they are underground - is that a known/reported bug?

I have that added to our tracking system.

1 Like

W00T!
The lefties of Orbus thank you! o/

Curious if for all of the “Up” strikes in combos if “Down” could be added as alternate, so players could chose Up OR Down swings and either would register in place of the current “Up” in combos.
(I started playing Warrior last night to take a break from Mage, and swinging up over and over feels a little awkward and I just thought maybe being able to mix it up on the fly would be fun.)

2 Likes

Awesome, awesome update. The tooltip and locomotion changes are very welcome!! Thank you very much!

Just FYI after extensively testing this on Vive I can say that the orientation of Vive wands does not have any effect on the speed you are moving. Only the distance from the center of the touchpad to where you are touching affects movement speed. With the option disabled, you move one speed no matter where you touch the touchpad.

This was incorrectly reported on the Vive in this thread Sliding/Locomotion Suggestions

e: I am on the experimental build but remembering this working the same way on live build.

While I can’t speak for the changes made today, I can certainly say that up to yesterday the controller orientation of the Vive wands did affect movement speed. It was pretty clear, as tilting the wand close to 90 degrees upwards made me almost not move at all. This comes from someone that uses sliding locomotion exclusively.

I’ll have to test the changes today though.

1 Like

Yeah it totally mattered before today’s patch. Haven’t tested yet but I assume it’s fixed now since he put it in the patch notes.

Really great changes here today! I’ll be testing them out in a few hours. The tooltip system was definitely a bit of a tedious headache at times, so I’m really glad to see that fixed, and the armor icon numbers should speed up comparisons quite a bit. The guild hall changes are really welcome, we just unlocked the guild hall this week and we all kind of had a “well, it’s cool…a bit dark, though…” reaction to it.

Are we far off from having the fellowship chest added in to the guild hall?

1 Like