New Patch: 3.56

Hmmm that might be a bug if that’s true. I’ll take a look later today.

There is nothing in the fellowship hall yet, Devs abandoned the fellowship halls after making the door for it :wink:

Okay yeah so everything seems to be working properly (and the direction/tilt definitely does affect the speed when the option is On (Defualt)). However, when it’s Off the tilt is disregarded as intended but you do only go one speed rather than basing it on how far from the center of the touchpad/joystick you are touching/pushing. I will get a fix out for this later today hopefully.

1 Like

Did some more testing and gotten to the bottom of it. The setting “Forward Direction” changes the behavior of the movement (aka I’m not crazy)

Forward direction = Controller (Default)
The orientation of the Vive wands do indeed change the speed. However, disabling vertical direction via the new option creates one speed all the time, regardless of where you touch the touchpad.

Forward direction = Head Gaze
The orientation of the Vive wands do not change the speed, only the distance from your thumb to the center of the trackpad change speed. Disabling vertical direction again creates one speed all the time.

In my opinion, the option people are most looking for is what you get with head gaze turned on. The ability to control speed via where you are touching the touchpad without it being affected by controller orientation.

1 Like

Tooltip improvement has me so stoked!!! I avoided cleaning my inventory because I didn’t want to wait for it to load. Can’t wait to get home and try this update out.

Man, every update you guys do it’s just awesome. Great work.

4 Likes

I joined this game and community 2 days ago and can not believe how fast of a reaction this patch is to some the issues brought up since I joined. This game definitely has a long way to go but if you keep up at this pace I can see many if not all of the gripes I have being completely ironed out. Keep up the great work!!

1 Like

Would be fantastic if we could get the new page marked “New” until we spend 5 seconds looking at it or something. Its really easy right now to completely miss whatever new page was added in the journal for many players.

Great, now 5lb rarer fish no longer take 10x more weight than a 10lb fish in the inventory lol.

Hopefully the days of spending 5 seconds hovering over the inventory system and then finding out the item has become bugged until you reset it with another item are in the past now!

Really good for sliding locomotion

1 Like

There is a new small patch that just went out on Steam and Oculus. Restart your client to get it.

It should fix the new Locomotion Setting such that it now pays attention to the position of your thumb on the thumbsitck/touchpad.

It also fixes the issue where you couldn’t get close enough to Markos to talk to him on top of M’aat’s Keep.

Thanks!

1 Like

The numbers on equipment is so wonderfully helpful! I’ve noticed lately that voice chat has been a lot more stable too, so I’m thankful for these last few updates! I experience very little packet loss in voice even on tethered phone internet, while streaming music, and throttled by my carrier for using too much data. That’s pretty impressive!

2 Likes

Two bugs with the updated inventory system:

Bug with gear overlay onto stats area

As you can see here, gear overlays overlap with the stats area and thus becomes very difficult to read.

Bug with a specific block of the inventory on page 1

This one is much more complex. The RED highlighted square is the offending square. The red arrow indicates that if you mouse over from the chest over to the helm, 90% of the time the helm will not display its mouse over. But if you start from the helm and mouseover to the chest , everything works as normal.

Going from the white square above or below the helm, to the helm, works fine. But going from above the chest (white square), then quickly over the chest and then the helm, it results in 80% failure to display the helm’s overlay. Same if you start below the chest, point quickly over the chest and then helm, it results in again 80% failure rate.

Basically, this square seems to have some issues. Meanwhile, you can easily browse/point at any gear, and move left/right/up/down without any “breakage” in displaying the neighboring gear.

New guildhall looks great, the throne is gorgeous… But the lighting still seems pretty dark/broken, and there is still no collision on the walls, ceiling, floor, etc. You can also try to open the side door but it doesn’t trigger a teleport. Lastly, members were reporting that moving behind the throne can get you seriously stuck.

I have just played today 2 hours and unfortunately has to say that the loading times have since been today totally extended. my friends which have played with me Today, unfortunately can confirm that :frowning:

I love the locomotion controller tilt option. Now I can look at my compass and use that hand to move at the same time. Also can move while reclining in a chair. Also can move while firing a bow without dealing with a rotated bow that made fast shooting a little trickier.

I noticed loading being weirder / taking longer too today. Figured it was a weird fluke on my end, since usually for me it’s relatively seamless.

Hmmm okay thanks for letting us know. I will try turning that off and see what happens.

I love that u guys keep updating this game is a great start for vr mmo knowing the stats on inventory will be a big help. Could u speed up the combat the slow pace of it is driving me crazy it

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.