New Patch: 4.0 -- Content Patch One!

Hey everyone,

Today’s the big day, and Content Patch One is rolling out for your gaming pleasure in just a couple of hours. If you missed it, we did a blog post a couple of days ago with info on the new dungeon, new loot system, and other changes coming to the game.

The Patch Notes have also been fully updated as of this morning with all the new changes.

In particular, a few things I wanted to highlight:

Boss Encounters Journal Page

You’ll find a new page in your Journal if you are Level 15+ which tracks the end-game bosses currently on tap, including how many times you’ve killed them (from today forward only, I’m afraid, for those of you who have been farming the World Bosses), and if you are eligible to receive a guaranteed drop from the dungeon still.

Note that only one guaranteed drop is given per boss kill, so if you have a group of five players, running the dungeon 2.5 times (and killing 5 bosses) will guarantee that everyone in your party gets a new shiny piece of loot! In addition, note that Level 20 Bosses always drop Epic gear when they drop equipment.

World Boss Changes

The World Bosses will no longer drop equipment, but rather will drop their cape and specific ring. The drop changes of these have been increased, and now there’s no penalty to bringing more people along for the fun.

The third World Boss will be summonable in the Tradu Mines with tokens that you collect by completing those dungeon wings. Only the last boss in the wing drops the token, and you’ll need many tokens from all four wings to summon the boss. So just something to keep in mind.

We’ll let you know when the patch goes live here in a bit. We anticipate around 15-30 minutes of downtime to roll out this patch. Thanks!

11 Likes

Awesome! Thank you so much for the ongoing updates!

1 Like

Great stuff! Looking forward to doing some dungeons.

1 Like

So excited! Counting down the minutes until I can login and start the dungeons.

The server is now restarting to roll out the patch.

The client-side patches are now available to download. Restart your Steam/Oculus client to get them.

Note that you must have the new client-side patch before you will be able to login on the server.

1 Like

The server is now back online. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Annnd I left the hitbox on the Practice Dummy huge again on accident. Whoops. I’ll get that fixed here in a second.

2 Likes

So just watching the logs, I saw someone beat the Mutant Worm and then the game crashed while doling out loot. It looks like someone must have DC’ed or something during the fight which wasn’t something that we tested for. I’ve pushed out a patch for it but you need to totally leave the dungeon and come back so it resets to get it.

So basically it shouldn’t happen normally anyway, but if you want to be absolutely sure you can reset the dungeon to get the patch. Sorry for that.

1 Like

This was us and it just happened a 2nd time.
I don’t see a patch though.

It was a server-side patch. Had you left the dungeon totally after I said something?

EDIT: It was the same error so I don’t think the dungeon had reset for you since I put out the patch, sorry. You have to totally reset the dungeon to get it.

1 Like

No we just saw the message now, assumed the 1st time it was a zone reset.
We’ll leave and try again.

Okay, sorry about that.

Assuming this won’t mark us for the loot per day thing?

Correct. You can all check your Journal pages to be sure but it’s crashing before it marks it down.

Did the practice dummy for the mage comp drop yet?

No that will be later this week.

1 Like

Just FYI looking at the four or five drops that have gone out thus far on the new dungeon wings, it was mistakenly dropping Level 20.5 gear instead of Level 20.25 gear. It’s not a huge difference (for example, the Weapon Attack should be 1059 not 1122), but it was a mistake nonetheless.

I’ve pushed out a server-side patch to fix future drops, and I’ll go back during a server restart tomorrow morning and correct the existing items that have dropped thus far (as I said, there’s only been about 5 total).

Just a heads-up in case you notice new drops having slightly lower Attack/Armor values. Those are the correct values.

Everything else (the affixes, the models, etc.) was correct.

2 Likes

Hey Riley, the Soul Keeper Boss isn’t respawning.
We wiped 2 times and he’s gone now

Hmmm…I is it possible you wiped while he was “Phased Out”?