New Patch: 4.10

There’s a new patch going out this morning on both the client and server with the following changes:

• The Tournament of Mages practice area is now available. A mysterious and unknown element has placed a fire-burning brazier near the entrance of a walled-off area. As you approach, you hear a whisper in your mind, “Light the fire, and test your skill. Only the best shall prevail!”
  • The practice area is located near the Corner Path, Southwest of the entrance to the Maeo’s Sanctum dungeon, across the bridge. Note that there are three practice areas right now, and they are a shared resource. Each “practice run” takes a maximum of 1 minute to complete, so please take turns if there are others waiting.
  • Your personal best record in terms of score is automatically tracked and you will receive a notification when achieving a new best score. We will determine the top scores after a couple of weeks and then hold the actual Tournament. More details on that to come, but for now just see how high of a score you can get!
  • Fixed a bug which was causing the Fireball 2 spell to sometimes be recognized as Fireball 1.
  • If you leave the party once you enter a Dungeon, you will now be disconnected from that dungeon instance after 10 seconds.
  • Added an additional graveyard near Guild City.
  • Fixed reflection issues with some assets in the Tradu Mines.
  • Changed the terrain the Arena to be more in line with the new art style.
  • Fixed a duplicate entry of the Giant Growth Potion recipe in the Journal.

The server restart will happen in around 20 minutes, announcements going out now. The client side patches will be available to download shortly. Thanks!

9 Likes

Server restart has been completed, and the client-side patch is now available to download. Restart your Steam or Oculus client to make sure you get it right away if you want to jump right in.

Thanks!

1 Like

So what do you mean by the Practice arena being a shared resource? Does it mean that they’re like the training dummies from Highsteppe?

Yeah, I’m a little worried about everyone playing nice and taking turns on these.

We talked a lot about whether to make these an open-world thing or put them in an instance where you are alone. The whole point of the event is to bring the community together, so we decided to make it an open-world practice area.

There are three “slots” to practice on, and each run only takes a minute to complete, so I think it should be usable by quite a lot of people without being a big bottleneck.

Of course, we’ll see how it goes. But I would like be optimistic and think that people will enjoy hanging out, offering tips, and watching others do their runs, which is a better scenario than everyone off in their own personal instance grinding alone for an hour straight…this is an MMO, after all.

4 Likes

You have more faith than I do in humanity, but I want to believe! (And the orbus community is pretty spectacular, comparatively)

That is an excellent decision. Its almost the like the guild halls from WoW. Good choice!

The mage challenge is really fun. Having said that, I’m really disappointed you didn’t include arcane missiles, t1 and t2 affliction, and t2 pushback. Was there a reason for this?

Well, I mean the goal of the challenge wasn’t necessarily to test to make sure you know every single spell, it was more just to gauge your overall proficiency at the class…

Pushback 2 wouldn’t have worked for the simple reason that you aren’t close enough to any of the dummies from where you’re standing to cast it and have it hit them. Arcane Explosion is pretty similar to Arcane Ray (and honestly Ray is harder to cast usually) so I didn’t think it was necessary to include both. And then I didn’t include Affliction because the way the system works didn’t work with Status Effects.

That makes sense and is a bummer. I’ve gotten really good at fast-casting t2 affliction and t2 push. I still got a few scores over 20k though. What is the highest possible score to get?

2000 is the max for each dummy but that’s likely not achievable because of the time constraints.

Then that would make the highest possible score is 26,000. I believe they are 13 dummies.

Are there plans to add new styles to bows? would love to see more stylish bows

is the new terrain supposed to be here?

Also i spawned here after leaving one of the wings (it only happened once):

You don’t like the new nature-styled one?

No that shouldn’t be there, we’ll get that fixed.

We’ll be doing a quick server-side patch in around 20 minutes with a couple of small fixes to prevent some server-side resets that were happening occasionally with the new Runemage practice area. In-game announcements are going out now.

Server restart complete. Thanks!

For the scoring system of the mage challenge. Does it only count how fast you kill the dummy or do you get more points for perfect casts?