New Patch: 4.50

Well yeah it’s true, though we tried that, but the mages/archers still got 1 hit killed with a shield on them, so whatever…

Something else is probably going on, either the mages aren’t topped off or something. I’m a mage and if I’m topped off and I get a musketeer defense orb I survive 100% of the time or if the warrior comes blocks SK attacks I survive.

2 Likes

Just from solo play I can tell you the warrior ultimate charging rate is significantly down. 3 full minutes of both fighting and blocking only resulted in a tiny sliver of ultimate being charged. As it currently stands normal combat takes around 5 to 7 minutes to fully charge 1 ultimate.

1 Like
  • Since the patch 4.50 after leaving a dungeon you can see random players with appearance and name of your party members and sometimes you see them as ghosts.
  • The mutated worm sometimes is invisible and you need to relog to see him.
  • I happened to see others VFX such as spells or mob’s corpses not disappearing.
  • The box of the potion keeper is sometimes invisible client-side (you can still follow your party to not get the hit), a couple times it happened to everyone at the same time making impossible to know where the box is.
  • The tanks don’t reset after resetting the Tank Keeper.
  • You can still spawn in the wrong spot after leaving a dungeon and need to return to the graveyard
2 Likes

Okay, so there’s a sever-side patch going out this morning with a few changes:

• On the Mutated Shroom fight, the spawn rate of the mushrooms has been slightly decreased.
  • On the Tank Keeper fight, the boss will always not do a Tank Buster attack right after doing a leap, which I think is what was one shotting people. Similar to the Soul Keeper fight before.
  • The tanks in the Tank Keeper fight should now hopefully reset properly if you wipe.
  • Looking at the Unbending affix, although it was supposed to proc once every 60 seconds, it was actually proccing once every 30 seconds. I have increased the cooldown to once every 2 minutes, and it should work properly now. Honestly, I will probably re-work this one further, but this is the simplest and quickest thing to do for now to hopefully adjust its power.
  • There was a bug with the Warrior super generation that was basically making it so that regular sword hits weren’t adding any super at all. So that would explain the discrepancy there. Should be fixed now.
3 Likes

glad to read about the unbending fix. Also glad to hear about the tank keeper fix. We were killing it without the 1 HP bug as much as we could so I feel that will pay off for us ^^.

Server-side patch has been deployed. Thanks!

Riley is on top of things! Thanks and keep up the great work! Just don’t forget to rest sometimes

1 Like

Haha I actually took last night off which is why I waited til today to put out the patch. Read a book. It was nice. :smile:

5 Likes

What book? I ask cause I just finished SLA: Oath Bringer and am looking for new material.

Dude it’s a 3 day weekend take more time off! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the hotfix though. Cool to see you listening/acting on feedback.

I finished Death of the Necromancer and then read All Systems Red by the same author. Both pretty good. I also started working through Hugh Howeys new-ish collection of short stories.

I think there are still issues with Tank Keeper. The tanks properly reset now on wipe, but if we wipe he no longer goes to the first tank at the first health checkpoint. Instead, the health drops to the second checkpoint before he taps the first tank. I do not believe this is intended.

1 Like

Yeah, we had a similar experience with tank keeper. The tanks will visually reset, but he will still skip his refueling cycles if you got through them previously.

Other issues noticed and ongoing:

• Potion Keeper doesn’t reset his combat cycle on wipe. If he was about to start his AE cycle when you wiped, he’ll immediately open with an AE cycle.
  • The Mutated Shroom fight is still disproportionately challenging compared to the other Tradu bosses (especially compared to the other non-keeper bosses), which means players are incentivized to ignore him in favor of the Tank Keeper as he can drop fragments.
  • Had an issue with Potion Keeper where at least twice in one fight the protection box did not spawn (or was invisible). Most of the group survived with unbending (pre-rebalancing) and it happened again a couple cycles later. I’ve only see this happen during this one fight, but others have reported that it will occasionally be invisible for a subset of the party members and they will need to follow the members that can see it. When it happened to us, it was invisible/lacking for all of us.

These are not necessarily Tradu directly related but:

• Players are seeing increasing cases where player avatar’s and names and overall visuals are broken in some way, typically by being of other player’s classes and names. We’ve seen this happen a large number of times over the last couple weeks. Concrete example: Our warrior looked like a ranger (one that was in the party, though often it’s an entirely different party) and was tanking by beating the boss down with a bow. Everyone relogging fixes these, but it’s really weird and worrying.
  • Over the last few days myself and other runemages are experiencing our projectiles sometimes not displaying. This is separate from the desynching bug, as the spells will still hit their target, they are simply completely invisible on the way to their target. This seems to happen more often in combat, it’s inconsistent, and relogging seems to help.
  • Desynching cases seem to be up a bit as well. One minute you are walking along and then you notice that either no one else is moving or their are no mobs where there should be. You relog and you are typically back at some point along the path you came in on.
  • When casting Ice Lance, other players will often see the runemage aiming it into the ground or up into the air, instead of accurately representing it hitting the boss as the runemage is seeing.

Please let me know if providing additional information (including video examples) may assist in addressing these issues.

1 Like

Okay, I pushed out a new patch this morning that should hopefully make it so Tank Keeper will go to all the tanks on wipe, and also Potion Keeper will not AoE right away when you start him if you wiped. Not sure what’s going on with the protection box, if you could send me an output log after it happens that would be great.

I’ve further reduced the difficulty of the Mutated Shroom fight as well.

Finally, how are the Unbending Affix changes affecting things? Is it actually making it harder or not really? My main goal with that is I don’t want you to be able to totally skip the intended mechanics (e.g. not get behind the box on Potion Keeper or something like that). It’s fine if it saves you from one mistake where you didn’t get out of an AoE and would have died or something, but it shouldn’t trivialize the fight.

Definitely see a difference on Potion Keeper. You used to could cheese it by taking an AoE while in the middle of the platform so that you could get behind the box quickly, since the 30 sec recharge was refreshed every phase. Now you actually have to pay attention to where you are and thoughtfully place yourself for your best chance at survival. I’m liking the change.

1 Like

So, speaking as a squishy mage without unbending who sometimes plays with people who love their unbendings, I’d say it had a fairly significant impact in terms of ensuring everyone is taking the mechanics more seriously. It can now save your ass effectively once per boss fight instead of several times per fight. I’ve done Potion Keeper in the past where everyone except me survived due to Tankiness, self-shield and unbendings during multiple AE cycles, and when we did it yesterday after the patch, we had a few wipes while everyone self-corrected to take the dance much more seriously. It’s just been the one day so far, but I’d say it’s had a significant impact. I feel much less like the always-dead-squishball now compared to everyone else. (And one day I will get an unbending wand, damnit.)

(Yeah, Cowboy beat me to it, agreed on all counts.)

2 Likes

Okay great thanks for the feedback on that!

As a person that uses unbending all the time and have been laughing as i took AOE hits that would kill sanyel i can say it feels a lot better and less over powered

1 Like

I have definitely noticed that my friends who do have it have been more on edge. 2 Minutes seems a lot better. It’s still seen as the unquestionably best affix though. One free mistake per fight might be better.