New Patch: 4.60

Our new patch is coming out this morning in about 2 hours which represents our first “sprint” of content.Without further ado, here’s the details:

New Dye System

The highlight of this patch is the new armor dye system, which allows you to change the primary and accent colors of your chest, gloves, shoulders, and helm. As of right now there are 16 Primary and 8 Accent dyes available in-game, and we have plans to continue adding in more colors in the future. The dyes themselves can be found across various activities in the game world, including Alchemy recipes, enemy monster drops, etc. In addition, there is a new NPC in Highsteppe who will sell you some of the base dyes as well as an accent dye for dram.

The Dye NPC will also sell you Major and Accent Dye Washes, which can be used to remove the dye coloring from an already-dyed piece of gear.

To use a dye on a gear piece, just select the dye, then select the gear to dye with it, then confirm.

Right now there is not a way to preview a dye before you use it, but we are working on adding that in a future update when we add in further customization options for avatars.

Have fun collecting and hunting the dyes!

New Warrior Hit Detection – Beta Branch

I’ll posts more details about this in the Beta forum thread, but there is a new Warrior hit detection system which is available to test out if you are running the beta version of the game. So check that out if you’re interested.

Streamlined Tutorial

We’ve gone back and streamlined the tutorial so that you get out into the world sooner, with the option to go back and learn more later. If are able to create a new character and try that out we welcome your feedback.

New Quests

There are new quests which can be done for Level 16+ characters, seek out Ludwig Sarrow in the town of Fisherman’s Crust, Hulthine Servant in Lucian Plateau, and the Brotherhood to get started on those.

Other than the highlights we’ve also:

• Fixed the Runemage missile collision detection so that it should no longer “go through” objects such as the training dummies in the Tournament of Mages area.
  • Main Story Quests will now be designated by “MSQ” in the Journal next to their title.
  • The glowing orbs in the Mist Keeper fight will no longer cause you to get stuck in combat.
  • You can no longer use your Teleportation Device in the Wilds, even if you are not a bandit.
  • Fixed a bug with the Potion Keeper fight where the box wasn’t showing up sometimes.
  • Spriggs (and other spawned-in boss minions) should no longer give XP or loot drops.
  • Non-weapon items can now show their rarity in their tooltip. So things such as potions, ingredients, dyes, etc will now start showing up with different tooltip title colors.

Thanks and enjoy!

11 Likes

Quick question: along the lines of not being able to teleport out of the wilds - have y’all thought of adding something to discourage logging out while being a bandit? Like autodropping any tradable items you have on you or something.

1 Like

Yes we are working on a system that makes you "wait’ to logout if you are in combat or are a bandit.

10 Likes

Client-side patches are now available to download on both the Oculus and Steam stores, restart your client to get it. Server-side restart will be happening in just a few moments.

Okay, server-side restart is completed, patch is now live. Enjoy!

Invisible armor reported in the hunt discord :

Is that person on the Beta version or the standard version?

Two people Sour and Function are showing up as GMs for me once they have applied the Forest Dye from HS. I told Robert about Sour but just saw it happen with Function as well.sourgm

1 Like

Yeah we are doing a server restart to fix that.

Okay, thanks, I’m looking into it.

Let me know if you see that happen again.

1 Like

Picture of the bug for reference : image

Like it happened again?

No, Sour posted that pictured when it happened. Taught it might help identify the bug.

Edit : Ohh shoot Didn’t saw smooch picture. It didn’t load fast enough.

I just pushed out a new small patch on the client that should fix the issue with the Jungle Warrior gear not appearing.

Can you confirm the kill target in the desert actually spawns? I haven’t seen her at all in like half hour.

Yes she does, shes sneaky and fast though. And not sure where you are looking for her at but I bet if you saw an NPC that looks like her before the patch went live today walking around, shes probably moved places and is hiding in a different area of the desert now that she knows the Brotherhood is after her.

4 Likes

Could the mages maybe get the actual Tradu Gear texture for their Tradu gloves, please-- pretty please? Maybe possibly maybe?

1 Like