New Patch: 5.52

There’s a new client-side patch available that went out with that server patch. In particular:

• Fixed issue with potions becoming over-aged if you stacked another potion immediately onto an already-aging potion slot. Now if the item in the slot changes, or the number of items in the slot changes, the aging timer should correctly reset.

• There’s now a little fire that should show up in your Dragon terrarium whenever the dragons are in there and all the conditions are right for breeding. If you’re not seeing the fire then that indicates e.g. they are in the wrong slot, or something else is not allowing them to breed such as their mood.

• We upgraded our server hardware in a major way, and made some architectural changes as well. Assuming those go according to plan, we should now be able to handle thousands of concurrent players on the same server (although still just 100 in each zone right now).

• I forgot to note this in Monday’s patch notes, but the Orb Bosses in the Desert Dungeon should no longer affect people with Sickness.

Thanks!

9 Likes

Awesome patch, thank you!

Will they still blow up from unstable?

They should no longer do that either.

3 Likes

Great patch, thanks Riley and team!

1 Like

Are there going to be multiple instances of the zones? Just curious how you are planning to handle what I’m sure will be more than 100 people hanging out in Highsteppe

There are already multiple instances when more than 100 players are in a zone. Although it usually only happens in Highsteppe.

Your party will also zone into the same zone together.

Ah…did not know there were multiple instances. I’ve sometimes played with a friend and not grouped to avoid pulling adds. Luckily we never ended up in different instances. Good to hear. Should be a fun weekend!

Does this patch resolve the occasional issue with the dragon terrarium not appearing?

Hmmm I’m not aware of that being an ongoing issue, have you sent us an output log with that happening?

I’ll check again tonight, and will advise if it is still happening. Great update, btw.

same problem as the whole thread dedicated to it called dragon boinked to hard or something, and only managed to get it stable by switching to alternate

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.