Nvidia 20 series cards + Reborn

Should i upgrade for the new content? Running a 1070 atm…

1 Like

Definitely should upgrade!

If you can run the current game, then you will be fine with the new content. One thing the art team is working hard on (an because were making the assets in house instead of using 3rd party assets) is to get the vert and tri budget down so that it can be ran on the lower spectrum of hardware. So if anything once the new content is out you should see an improvement over the current game. Easiest way to tell would be to jump in once we start doing the Beta testing and see if/how much your performance increases.

2 Likes

We dont know what the performance numbers for games without ray tracing yet. I’d wait till after some benchmarks before pulling the trigger on a new card. Though based on the new cuda core count and clock speed in the 2070 vs the 1070 we should expect a 30%+ increase from my not so good math lol

1 Like

pretty much everyone is saying dont go to 2080 because nvidia changed their metric to the new raytracing thing (something that wont be used by 95% of games for the next 3 yrs). The entire community says that every time there is a huge bump in specs, nvidia will be all over talking about how much better it is… but this year they hid the real specs behind marketing bullshit… which probably means no more than 10% bump in non-raytracing performance.

TL;DR: Wait until the actual benchmarks are out before buying.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.