Oculus Free Weekend

Beginning at approximately 10 AM PDT / 12 PM CDT, OrbusVR will be free to play via the Oculus Store for those with Rift headsets. We’re anticipating a pretty large influx for this event, so please bear with us as we work to keep servers online and welcome the new folks to the community.

If you’re new to OrbusVR, welcome! You can check out our Getting Started Guide on the Wiki for tips and tricks as you venture forth into your new VRMMO adventure.

For those of you who are veterans of the game, this is a great opportunity to hang out in Highsteppe and make some new friends, recruit some new Fellowship members, or just generally help us spread the word about the game – the more people that are playing, the better it is for everyone.

We will also be monitoring player reports pretty closely during this weekend, so if you see anyone whose behavior is a violation of our Code of Conduct, please report them so that we can issue a warning or a ban as needed.

I’m really excited to welcome a bunch of new faces to the community this weekend, and I look forward to seeing you all in-game! We’ll have Devs hanging out throughout the day to chat and welcome the new folks on-board as well. See you soon.

12 Likes

Should be fun, wish I was around this weekend. I’d be a little nervous about ending up under the player house for new players. This morning it happened to me 4 times in 20 minutes. Also had 2 hard crashes going in and out of the house in that 20 minutes.

1 Like

For new players, I would like to encourage you to ask level 20 players around Highsteppe if you have any questions, the community itself is amazing, and I’m sure you will find an answer to most (if not all) of your questions :wink:

1 Like

You were ending up under the house when you were entering or leaving?

how many hours from now?

1.5 hours about @Myrothas_M

1 Like

Yeah under the house or up in the air, I had to graveyard every time.

I had 3 desync in like 10 minutes yesterday around 10pm. Everytime I tried to log out I hard crashed. I was using the default connection, when I used websocket I was able to finish the shard run, but I quit for the night cause I didn’t want to be a burden to my group.

Edit : I can send logs tonight if needed

Yeah but I mean, was it happening when you were entering your house (e.g. teleporting there or entering the door), or was it happening when you were leaving your house? That you got stuck underground?

Happened when I logged in today. Used gy and was in the desert. Also Happened when I entered the house twice in a row and 1 time leaving the house.

Happened 4 times for me as well, but only on leaving. Used the cookie to get back into the house once, but got the same problem wen leaving again

Happens for me only when i leave the PH

If any dragon breeders are wanting to get rid of unwanted dragons I’m sure the new guys in Highstep would love to take them. Everyone seems fascinated with them.

4 Likes

This also happens to me about 10% of the time when I leave my house after teleporting to it.

In about 30 minutes we’ll be doing a quick server restart, shouldn’t be any downtime, to fix a small issue and make sure we’re ready to handle tonight’s traffic. Assuming all goes well we don’t anticipate needing to do any other restarts the rest of the night. Thanks!

Server restart is completed, thanks!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Free Weekend helped me decide on getting this game: I’m not

This is also happening for me (and others) from time to time. It’s not even the house that’s the issue, I think its how the game handles instances. For example, when you enter an instance, it seems like players are transported to a waiting area somewhere in the instance or world (if not instance) and then teleported to where they should be right before they load in. Or something like that.

Except when this breaks, the player ends up not teleporting to the correct spot on the client side. On the server side people see the player looking around but not moving. Its like an out of body experience where the only solution is to relog (to see if the player ends up in the body others can see turning around), or graveyarding if their body actually isn’t there (aka they are stuck in the wrong section of the area, which is usually under the map, or off in some wall somewhere).

The thing is, these areas people are getting stuck…they are the same spots everyone else is getting stuck when encountering this issue in the exact same areas. So for the highsteppe house, it’s below the ground and in the far back area usually.

I noticed that the likelyhood of this bug happening is much higher if you start playing standing up and then teleport whilst sitting down.