Oculus Go and/or Santa Cruz support?

Hey @Riley_D with the recent reveal of Oculus Go working with Unity, I wanted to know if it’s a plan of yours to support that hardware ? Or maybe the Santa Cruz later ? Or any portable VR headset for that matter.

Would be really great to be able to do some basic tasks on the go like fishing or harvesting.

2 Likes

Also wondering about HTC Vive Focus.

Oculus Go and Vive Focus doesn’t have fully tracked controller, so you will not be able to swing your sword or use your bow and arrow.
Oculus Go even have no room tracking, so you can use it just like a Samsung Gear VR with a phone, but much cheaper, because you don’t need a separate phone. I have read, the performance will be “significantly better” than a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Santa Cruz will have room tracking and tracked controller. So technically you can play with this Orbus. But there are no infos (as far as I know), what kind of games you can play. Maybe it’s using Oculus Store, and all the developers just can add the routines for Santa Cruz in their games, to compile it for this hardware.

2 Likes

At this point its too early to have a definite yes or no for the different devices, depending on the specs and requirements of each system and our game performance. Our goal is to support as many devices as possible and once we have more information we will keep the community up to date with information.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.