Oculus Home Key?

Hello, I dont want to buy Orbus VR through steam can i just buy send money directly and get a redeemable code for it on the Oculus Rift store? Thanks that would be much appreciated. And if there are other editions im willing to buy as well.

Hello, if you backed it you can redeem an Oculus key. If you haven’t bought it yet, it should be available to buy in the Oculus store in a few weeks; to my knowledge, exact date not yet known.

To my knowledge @Riley_D does not allow that, you will have to wait for it to go on the oculus store. However the steam version uses the Oculus SDK Directly and does not require SteamVR.

We don’t have any way to issue Oculus keys right now to people who didn’t back it on Kickstarter or pre-buy it from us on the website. If you want the game right now, you can buy it from Steam, as others have said it uses the Oculus SDK directly so you don’t need to run SteamVR or anything like that.

If you want it on the Oculus Store, you will have to wait for them to approve it for sale. I can’t tell you when that will be because it’s out of our control, but it will likely be a few weeks from now. As soon as I know more on that front I will let the community know.

1 Like

I have a rift and buy all my VR games on steam where possible. Reason being Oculus will not clarify if I purchase a new HMD in the future that I will be able to use all my Oculus home games with it.

oculus home is for its branded hmd atm, its normal as a business which wouldn’t support other brands’ hmd.

Yea I totally understand this, I will be upgrading my HMD in the future, it may or may not be oculus so the best way for me to protect my investment of my games is to go with steam as this is a standard platform that everybody uses.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.