Oculus Quest Crashes

Well I hope the fix appears soon then Asmund_T

Andrew, did you mean 80 gig of free storage? Youā€™ve got the 128 model?

Iā€™ve had that zone transition crash as well. The zones feel like theyā€™re loading differently than they used to.

Many people have complained about the guardian throwing them back to the home menu. This is not game specific. Robo Recall is unplayable for me because of this. It does seem to have something to do with your space and how fast youā€™re moving and where you are in the space, so you could likely do some things to mitigate it but not stop it.

Yes I did mean 80Gb free, I have the larger model the 128Gig.

I do have a roomscale guardian set that is big enough for me to put my arms out left and right and in front of me without the guardian showing up.

I still get crashes when the game freezes and seems to follow my gaze then I am thrown back to the Oculus home Shawn_A

Lots of complaints about this on the OculusQuest Reddit, it isnā€™t necessarily game specific (although it seems to affect some more than others). Try clearing all guardian spaces from the guardian settings menu.

I will try that but it sounds like Oculus caused a few issues with the firmware update.

Itā€™s been around for a while. Firmware updates alter tracking and then it comes and goes for people with different spaces but itā€™s been around in some form since firmware 6 or 7

Just cleared my guardian and re-created it. So far so good but the zone transition crash is still a thing. I hope the developers find that soon.

No I had a few freezes this morning where the scene gets locked to my gaze and after a second or so I am back at the Oculus home screen.

Iā€™ve been doing some testing on these trying to reproduce it and have found one situation where it does reliably crash, so weā€™re still investigating but should hopefully have some attempts at them soon.

1 Like

I know Iā€™m kinda late to the party but I had to perform a factory reset after receiving the previous update. I donā€™t know if it was the quest update to 9.0, or the OrbusVR update around that time. Something was not jiving because I could only play anywhere from 5 - 15 min before the game forced closed to quest home. Not sure if it was game specific because I mainly play OrbusVR on quest when out and about, but that stopped the continuous crashing.

Interesting, I will keep in mind as a last resort.

I have noticed on 11.013 and 014 I have been booted out once when opening my house door in the last week, which is not a big issue. Though I have seen the scene following my gaze and getting booted back to the main Oculus quest home screen several times which is annoying as it happened in combat once. Could this second issue be anything to do with a break in my internet connection however brief?

Weā€™ve been researching crashes while transitioning from one zone to another and may have a lead, so that might be the same issue - for the gaze thing however, we havenā€™t changed anything and arenā€™t sure what it could be. Other players have reported the same thing at times though.

2 Likes

The changing zone crash seems much rarer now from v11.xxx. I have upgraded the firmware on my ADSL modem router and made sure the DSL settings are for a stable link with all the auto adjust settings turned on. I have not seen the gaze crash since but itā€™s early days.

Iā€™m getting crashes too on my quest and itā€™s crashing within 15 minutes of play usually.
Crashes are both where the screen freezes and the ones where I just get kicked out.

-Using roomscale
-restart and the game is the only thing active.
-walking inside the town is stable, but outside it is where it crashes often.

I didnā€™t know about zone transitions until this thread so maybe thatā€™s it?
Still, itā€™s hard to play the game this way. If you guys are logging player activity youā€™re welcome to look at mine if it helps with finding the cause.

I too receive crashes when playing on the quest, sometimes resulting in a hard crash where I only see black and my guardian boundary. I have to force a shut down on my headset by holding the power button since I am not able to do anything.

These crashes typically happen more frequently in dungeons and raids but have happened when walking around the world.

Then when I boot my headset back up, it tells me to draw my boundary but then alters my view again and brings back the previous boundary.

I have turned off guardian mode before and I didnā€™t experience the gaze crash so it could be that. I do tend to see my boundary lines right after the crash.

1 Like

Turning off the guardian to avoid the gaze crash is very interesting, thanks for your efforts James B2. May help the devs locate and fix the problem.

Tried again today after I saw there was an update. Itā€™s much better. Stable enough to play for a couple of hours I think there were only like 2 crashes and a few disconnects.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.