Open Alpha Feedback Thread

Riley, I just don’t know what to say honestly, then to say this is one of the best games I’ve ever played in VR in a long time. I did play the first test that was open if you signed up and it was a whole different story, then it is now. I have to say you got me with the SAO menu opening animation/layout and thank you for that, it made my day. I am level 8 and still haven’t seen everything. Enough talking about how good your creation is, lol…but seriously.

The major cons mostly the 1. touchpad locomotion seems a little janky at times. For what I know, the 2. mages are the only ones that can “fast travel” a portal to the main town and pretty sure to the “Tiger area” as I know of also, but would love it to still have a personal teleport device mechanism for all other classes. The 3. rangers/mages classes seem to dominate in DPS or just flat out damage idk if that’s on purpose, but to me I like the Musketeer class ( Probs to that idea ) and me also liking to lonewolf it as it seems to be a supporter class, same with the warrior class. This isn’t bad would just like more damage options for the Musketeer like the poison shot, since I have to run 2 heal shots with the poison just to stay alive on my own.

The rest of the cons are just tiny bugs, I bet people have already stumbled upon them and reported it. I am honestly saying to my heart that I was amazingly surprised on what you added/did to this game and if you knew me irl, you know that I would NEVER write something this long/descriptive for anything ( since I hate reading and writing ). Hopefully, you or the other people in your team reads this and thank you for your time for reading this.

Sincerely, MA

Thanks for the kind words, MA! Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game, we love hearing that because it’s what keeps us going, haha.

I’ll definitely consider adding some ways to get around more quickly perhaps in “safe zones”, a few other people have mentioned that. I don’t want the world to become just everyone teleporting between major places and missing out on all the “in-between” stuff, though, because I think that exploration is what causes serendipitous interactions to occur, which is something you really miss out on when everyone is just joining the dungeon queue and popping straight over to the dungeon.

2 Likes

Yes, I do agree with you on that. For what I saw, you put many Landmarks in the game for “Safe Zones” but for me I would be fine with like Diablo 3 type of portal where it brings you to the main town but in this case you cant go back and it should have a cool down so people dont abuse it.

there should be more options in this game like direction by head, hand, and play space.
strafing and smooth turning. but they did say they are open to trying some. if they need people to test out full locomotion i’m willing to pay the $50 to be a test for that with the limited option it has now I wouldn’t even do free to play but it’s still alpha they have tons of time to add in things just hope they do

2 Suggestions from me and 1 small issue that should be mentioned in the tutorial.

In the tutorial, when I was the ranger, I shot a target dummy in the back area by the trees on accident. So when i killed the first one I originally was fighting, I went back to Bart to complete my objective. He then wanted me to try the musket, but it wouldn’t let me equip it. Took me a couple minutes to realize I was still in combat with one of the dummies, had to go kill it to be able to swap.

Suggestions

1. When u complete a quest can u add some type of “Yay” at the completion? A sound effect, a particle effect, some flash of some sort? When i turned in the quests, sometimes I would not be sure it actually was completed. Nothing really told me i got experience or no notification really that alot of us are used to in typical MMO’s.

2. Quest updates are group wide. I was sword and board while my buddies were the ranger. I was always behind in quest updates since they were able to tag mobs far away while i had to try and run up to them and get a smack in.

Either way, I love where this game is going, I had a blast so far. I only played for like 3-4 hours due to time restraints, but i enjoyed every second of it. Real nice community too from the people I spoke with

1 Like

Biggest compliant so far is the finger interaction system. I have to have the pointer finger nearly perpendicular to whatever plane I’m trying to interact with for it to trigger. It would be better if this was less finicky.

Here in about 5 minutes we are going to be taking the whole server down for a few minutes to roll out a fix to a server-side bug. It will kick you out of the game for a few moments. Thanks!

The server restart has completed.

One change that just went live is that now the Practice Dummies in the training area will not put you in combat. So people who experienced that bug where you couldn’t switch your weapon during the tutorial, that shouldn’t happen in the future. Thanks!

I’m also getting pretty frequent flickers to the Steam Home loading screen (gray grid + sensor locations). I assumed it was performance related, but neither my CPU nor GPU are maxing out and everything is otherwise fine. It’s very annoying and it’s preventing me from playing as much as I’d like. :frowning:

What graphical setting do you have in game (high, med , low?)

It defaulted to medium and I haven’t changed it. No supersampling or anything crazy running either.

I’m pushing out a patch that I think might help with that.

There is a new patch that will be available shortly. In particular, it:

• Improves the reliabilityh of the tooltips in the inventory screen, including fixing a display bug that was causing the text to overflow the box.

• Further fixes for loading/unloading scenes.

• Caches commonly-used spawners so that you should get less SteamVR “environment” flickers when moving through the world, especially if you were running on a slower/non-SSD hard drive.

• Fixed a bunch of issues which could cause sliding locomotion to stop working until you did a teleport.

Thanks!

I’ll be happy to jump back in and check when it goes out! It’s happened consistently, so I’d make a good guinea pig. Having a great time otherwise, but the unpredictable flickering + testing locomotion + fairly new to VR has resulted in nausea and dizziness. (At least 2 of those things are 100% my fault, no hate from me!)

So there was an issue with this patch, we rolled it back. I’ll have to keep working on it for a bit, sorry.

Okay, that new patch is now available. Let me know how it goes! Thanks!

I’m in Guild city but there are no more npc and my dragon is flying. Also the client crashed 2 times here.

With the newest patch?

Try using the Return to Graveyard option.

i don’t know why i respawned at Hutline’s gate, but that fixed the bug.

@Wil_C If you get a chance let me know if that new patch fixed your issue. Thanks!