Orbus Reborn API

@Riley_D Can you please make it so gear is not able to be pulled through the API. A lot of us do not want people having access to see our affixes, tile sets, set up, etc.

4 Likes

Why you gotta make things difficult for ppl

Also, i didnt even know there was an API, where are the docs for it?

Yeah no, don’t do that.

If you don’t want to show them, just do what everyone else does on literally every other MMORPG, which is equip some bullshit on your character.

1 Like

There is an API, but its not documented from what I know. Its what my Armory project (http://armory.orbus.xyz/#/) relies on

but u can look it up while people are raiding, right? so even if u have bad gear on most of the time, people will be able to see what u use eventually

They will find out eventually anyway. Imo, the runesight potion should let you see other ppls runes.

You can’t keep your secrets forever

so for people who put in the time and effort to create their own tilesets they should immediatly have them copied and taken? its your choice if u want to share your own work, but dont force others to do as you want
and bet

1 Like

You will still probably be better at it that everyone else. Welcome to the world of mmos where the good players lead the way for the masses

better at what? 20 characters

1 Like

Better at playing the game obviously. Let’s say you complete a boss in hard mode. I’m assuming you are going to be the jerk who doesn’t let anyone know how to beat it so that you can inflate your ego by saying ‘I’m better than you because I cleared this boss’. If you did release your strat, ppl will still be multiple weeks behind your group… But instead of being frustrated with the game and not being able to figure it out, they are having fun.

The point of an mmo is for ppl -as a community- to have fun and enjoy the game, not to flex your e-peen.

1 Like

This adds extra time and most of the time need people forget. Other games do not have complex tile sets that take a while to figure out. It feels like it is a breach of privacy for a character.

we are talking about our characters equipped items being shared and not anything to do with boss strats or anything of the like, let alone calling specific people out

1 Like

Character equips are an important part of strats.i dont see the difference.

Oh poopnuggets, I totally forgot about the tile sets in general. Need to make those visible on the Armory!

1 Like

I’m not sure what is with the attitude. I think for the most part, you have done a good job on the armory, but a few things should not be on there. If there was a way Riley could just remove tile sets and affixes from the API, I think that would solve the problem.

1 Like

As a competitive end-game raider i don’t see this as a problem. The only reason I can think of for hiding tilesets is if someone was trying to hide some sort of bug/big secret with them that is unintended lets say. I don’t mind if others see my tile sets and/or affixes personally as the maths are pretty straight forward to figure out the meta yourself i think…

7 Likes

I think most players would disagree with you on this.

1 Like

It should be public. I don’t see any valid reason it should be hidden.

1 Like

This made me lol.

You definitely have a point, tilesets aren’t any kind of secret for critical thinkers. The only thing tilesets will show is what combos you use, and the math definitely points to an optimized rotation for every class, so it’s not like that’s a secret either.

3 Likes

To be fair, you could also just watch someone’s rotation and also get their tileset from that.