OrbusVR and Accessibility

Hi everyone, didn’t really know where else to put this. To preface; I’ve not purchased the game yet.

Looking at the steam page, it says that the game is mostly for standing and room play. Due to disabilities I can’t stand for very long - can you play OrbusVR while sitting? I noticed that Paladin has books on their waist and most games I play that have waist options are difficult to play well (specifically Township Tale or Karnage Chronicles)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi there, it’s definitely possible to play sitting down, many people do, but some classes may be a bit awkward like Warrior. Most of them should play perfectly fine though.

For the waist items, you have the ability to relocate and place them anywhere you’d like, so you can find a comfortable location to use them from.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply!

Sounds like you folks thought of it ahead of time and that makes me super happy.

Thank you again!

I play all classes sitting down. You can relocate belt items and adjust weapons to be more comfortable.

1 Like

I play almost exclusively sitting down, and I’ve got over 4,000 hours. There’s ONE door handle that’s higher than the rest and a bit harder to reach while sitting, so I usually open a portal to get out (you can portal to legitimately the other side of that door in particular).

1 Like

If it’s reasonable to change chairs, my favorite for Orbus is a “drafting chair”(?) - it’s a really tall desk chair with a foot rest at the bottom. Ideally, one without arms. If you are using a wireless VR set, you can spin in circles while in the chair with no issues. Sometimes that is easier and faster than trying to rotate in-game. It also sets you high enough that you’re almost standing and almost everything is the correct height/easy to reach. (I play sometimes sitting down because it’s either play with a cat on my shoulder, or a cat on my lap - you can guess which one is easier! :laughing: )

1 Like

Having a lap cat is totally something I need to worry about; thank you for the suggestion!

A cat on your shoulder probally means that he wants to become pikachu from pokemon.

A cat on your lap means that your cat is very tired and wants you to cuddle him/her. He/she will make sure he/she is very cute so you keep petting him.

I have played runemage, scoundrel, shaman and musketeer sitting. I just have a two square meter guardian centred on my couch that works well as I don’t touch anything within arm’s reach. I did relocate some items on my belt to make it easier to reach.

The belt items in Orbus even at default are much easier to access than the Karnage Chronicles belt items. You won’t regret joining Orbus… it is the best thing in VR land right now. :1st_place_medal:

3 Likes

Yeah, what he said.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.