Party chat when separated

Last night I joined my first party. It was great fun and really taught me that the game is far, far more fun in a group than on your own. Anyway, we could obviously chat when we were near each other in the world, but if we got separated (e.g. someone died), we just had to wait for them to head back to where we were.

I may be missing something, but it would have been useful to chat to someone in the party even when separated. Is there already a way to do this? I had some issues around death amid multiple relogging (see other thread) and eventually landed back in the world with the party nowhere to be seen. I’d have really liked to speak to the guy I was in the party with. We could have met up again and carried on, but I didn’t know how to chat to him or locate him in the world, so I logged off.

Two of the guys in the original party were chatting on discord, which made me suspect that there is no party chat and you have to be near someone to chat to them. Is this the case?

Hold your Player Compass up to your mouth and it will turn red. It acts as a walkie-talkie which allows you to communicate with your party members no matter where they are in the world.

1 Like

Ohhhh, this rings a bell. Not sure if I read it in game or on here, but I vaguely remember this now! Apologies…

I did try clicking on party in the menu, but touching a player name didn’t do anything. I should have googled it, but once you’re in the headset, it’s a pita to get out and type.

No worries, we’re here to help!

1 Like

In case you feel like you missed any of the tips from the tutorial, there are a few journal pages that have tips and also I placed signs with what i felt like was the most relavent information about each class and tools on signs in the tutorial area (up the stairs where guardian Bart is located) if you ever feel like you missed something it might be worth going up there and looking around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.