Patch 10.96- Hard Mode Raid Beta

Offtanks have to tank the ads. You cannot kite them anymore. That was patched a long time ago.

Yes, burning the boss is a legitimate strategy but not the perfect strategy. if you are finding it hard to get a perfect run on this boss then that is a good thing. Getting perfects was never intended to be done with a group of +0’s.

If the other perfects are too easy to get, maybe they should be made harder.

Imo ignoring a mechanic entirely is not a valid strategy. Allowing the players to ignore your mechanics is bad design. If players are ignoring the shield mechanic and just burning through the boss, then i would either make him take significantly less damage while he’s shielded or make him wipe the party immediately when it gets to a certain number of stacks.

1 Like

boss 2 a pastry
an OP pastry that is

Just skippin in here, our whole “gear-up” raid (2 experienced, 4 rather new dps - not green-geared, but around +1-2 already) did 50-52k dps, alltogether. Welcome to Orbus… and out.

PS: And perhaps one word about ‘challenges’, the problem is not that we couldn’t progress, with time, the problem is most people don’t stick around that long. No clue if we are 10 again next week or ppl already gave up on this. The ‘challenge’ in my timezone is to get a daily group of 5 and a weekly group of 10 together to even play the content. Since day 1 of the OG I play with ever-changing groups of people not staying long enough to develop their chars and I do not only blame this on the game, but also on VR as a medium. Right now some say it’s too hot, pc mmos are more fun and allow to progress faster, then they get hooked by these not showin anymore etc. etc.

1 Like

So the problem is player retention in the game than the raid content itself?

I am so lost as to what the problem actually is.

So what you’re saying is that new players aren’t doing enough damage? That makes sense considering that everyone who played in preborn has a huge head start in practice and play time.

2 Likes

I get that the route cause to the dismay might be the fact of player retention it makes sense…

If people keep quitting then they never skill up. In Oldbus, the only way we managed to give ourselves challenges is to re-gamify the game by creating our own challenges after a while.

I think it is very apparent that it is true that stickiness is extremely low considering the throughput of players vs daily active users.

I am convinced that it is not the medium though… But that the Orbus team need to get in an experienced mobile gaming growth hacker even as a consultant to help them retain DAU through hook mechanisms.

I think this would be a huge step in the right direction, and it would help the game to keep the new players playing.

Wasn’t the normal raid supposed to require at least +2 gear? If only a few members have any shard gear at all, it’s understandable the raid party would have a rough time

Edit: even with +1 or 2, if you have multiple new players they’re dps will be lacking due to skill anyway.

nope riley wanted it to be done by completley green people

Let’s put it in perspective:

Riley said he wanted Normal Raids to be about on par with low level shards in difficulty. A low level shard can be completed (generally with some difficulty) by a new player if they’re persistent at it, and with some practice without too much difficulty. You also don’t really need good gear to get going on them.

So a Normal raid should be completable by a group of mixed-experience players who have +0/+1 gear. It should be hard for them, but something possible with the knowledge of the mechanics and some practice.

Boss 2 is managed in such a way that you cannot complete it with such a group, at least not without straight ignoring mechanics and just throwing down on the boss until 3/4 of the group is dead. The dps race on the adds, particularly how it switches off cycles from 2 dps cycles to 1 and then back again, makes it impossible. Fix that so the adds always spawn when the boss is shielded and you have two add-unshielded cycles and you should be good. It’ll still be hard, but it will be possible.

also on normal to make it a little less punishing there should be a 2-3 second window where hitting the blue mob wont add a enrage. since it is supposed to be completeable by new groups this will just add a little cushion for groups but still leave the mechanic needing to be done

1 Like

its not punishing the way people are killing it right now either way as they ignore the blue stacks and just nuke the boss until he is dead. its basically a dps and healer check with occasional jumping over a ring.

As I pointed out earlier, that doesn’t mean the boss is not hard, it means there is a design loophole. They shouldn’t be letting you ignore the mechanic like that since it is obviously exploiting thst design flaw.

Being able to beat the boss by exploiting does not mean the boss is tuned correctly. You should be able to get a perfect with +0 gear… And you currently cannot do that.

1 Like

I don’t think you should be able to get a perfect with +0 gear lol… That also is definitely not the devs intentions… The intention with perfects is that you practice over several weeks to get the perfect.

That is a whole different topic. I understand that some people are frustrated that they havent completed the raid content in 2 weeks from its release but well… practice!

A perfect should mean you did it correctly and as intended. If it’s impossible for it to be done correctly by a properly-equipped group, that’s an issue. You should not need to be +4 geared to down it “perfectly”. It should just be a matter of practice.

1 Like

After I push a patch out to tune hard mode in the next couple hours. I plan on tweaking this boss so you get two phases every time to kill the elites (and maybe tuning their health). I’ll also look into the buff stacking on the monsters, because if you are at X amount of stacks on the boss, he should be one-shotting you.

5 Likes

Yes the raid drops +2 gear… It should be possible with +2 gear I agree… But definitely not +0… and it also should feel like you are progressing through the content for that type of group… Currently its been 2 weeks and people are complaining that they cannot clear all the content with perfect… Seems under tuned if anything?

I think he is one-shotting people, just that by that point he’s taken the firepower of 7 dps for however long and they can whittle him down to nearly nothing.

Maybe make a maximum stack limit if you want to force the mechanic? Like 20 stacks and he explodes and kills everyone in the room?

hehe, that would be fun

1 Like