Patch 10.995 Transmog Unlocks

In the current patch, Spiro, Techno and Ancient (Normal Mode) sets have the old models brought back. We announced this a while ago in blog posts, but the names of the two sets are named identically, so it’s bringing confusion.

In tomorrow’s patch, we will be making it so the Hard Mode/Expert Mode show up in your list as Normal Mode models until/if we add in the Hard Mode models (which are the same as Expert), at which time the models will be updated automatically.

Note that you’re not losing anything if you dismantle them now! You don’t see it, but they are saved to your character data.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I just broke down my Ancient Helm for the transmog and it is not showing up. Can a Dev please help. I’m not going to break down any other gear until this can be addressed. I logged out and back to see if the change took, but still not available in the wardrobe.

What is your character name?

Yes patch was downloaded. I closed Orbus and Steam, then restarted. Still Ancient Helm is greyed out in wardrobe. I got a Glimmering shard for breaking the Ancient Helm down.

Okay, we’re looking into it.

I can see what happened - so the current sets that have the imported models are the spiro, techno, and ancient (normal mode) sets, and it looks like you dismantled the hard mode one - they share the exact same name so I get how that might have happened.

For the time being (in a patch), we’re going to make it so that the hard mode transmogs will unlock in the list, but be the same model as the normal mode, that way if someone only had the hard modes they can still wear the normal version of the armor if they never got it to begin with. So you can dismantle the other ones if you want as well, and when we update that you’ll have them, nothing will be lost.

If or when the hard mode sets become available, we’ll update the list to reflect those models automatically.

4 Likes

cool so i can break down my classic orbus hard mode and people will see it

I have all gear from expert mode still in my chest, and I broke down the ranger shoulders right now and got nothing as transmog from it, that’s shit, can the expert mode gear please also unlock the transmogs?

Imagine all them effervescent shards I could have had if I hadn’t bought the normal mode sets for transmogs :expressionless:

Expert mode dismantling will also work the same way since it’s the same item as hard mode just with higher stats.

Well i just did it… its not working!!
Ranger shoulders on ‘Acavi’, dont tried more gear to break down
But it is not working at all

so @Mathieu_D i can break down my expert mage and warrior will show in orbus reborn

Just want to say we have 4 ppl here in game complaining that breaking down their gear now is NOT working.

I’ve updated the first post of this thread with information.

The models for the raid gear in the transmogs are the models for the hardmode gear for Warrior, Ranger and Muskie but for Mage, it’s normal mode models

This is probably what is causing confusion

2 Likes

yeah, yall added hardmode not normal mode for my ranger stuff, which im happy for i guess

how do we re unlock them if we have new characters but had them on old ones

You dont
But they probably should be for all your characters

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Patch 10.995- Interactive Map, Lvl 30+ perks, Warrior Talent re-work, Shaman update

is there going to be a way added back in to get the old transmogs back for the players who made new characters for the new game.