Patch 13.06- Citadel Hardmode Raid 5/11/2021

And with enough people we mean the WHOLE party xD. I think 9 is enough when you are with 10 people, but everyone is like 5% healthbar after it with our test.

Then we tried it with 4 people when everyone left and we needed all 4 people to stand in the AoE to not die. And then cloth classes were still insta-dieing xD

So I think the mechanic is all stacking up, but not when you are with less then 10 in the party (sad noises). Also scoundrels with True Gambler (the dps talent everyone uses) will not be allowed. Because they will die.

The jump has a castbar btw. But when the boss starts the castbar, something like 0.001 seconds later it jumps to the group and damages immediately. Then it finishes the castbar (it hits before the finish). A possible mechanic could have been dodging the jump. But I am sure it is impossible to dodge because the castbar doesnā€™t warn enough even for a computer. So that might have been wrongly tuned.

I do still think this boss is doable, but our group didnā€™t get far enough for all my thoughts to finish. Just having no true gambler scoundrel and not tuned well enough to be survivable with less then 10 people (it is scaled, just not well enough) are two big no-noā€™s in the design.

3 Likes

I feel like the biggest issue is that there are conflicting mechanics happening at the same time once the bossā€™s second phase kicks in.

The jump mechanic happens throughout the whole fight requiring you to group up, however, for the second half of the fight the chains instantly drop poison pools that require everyone to be separated.

These mechanics can happen at the same time, to the same player, and itā€™s completely random with no indication of who is going to be hit with either attack.

You are just hoping that your healers and your highest dps players do not get targeted long enough to kill him, while the rest of your team gets picked apart.

I think the phases should be separate. First half second half. Not sure if that is the best solution for the fight, but it would at least remove the conflicting mechanics issue.

2 Likes

We appreciate the feedback and weā€™re taking another look at the tuning/timing.

Just to let everyone know equally in advance, weā€™re planning to apply these changes at 10AM Central tomorrow (Thursday.)

5 Likes

can we get an idea of what youā€™ll be doing before you do it so we can give feedback

oh and when will the see the other sets I remember somewhere there was gonna be a blogpost showing them all

There was a post

1 Like

(This is only for the 2nd boss)

Basically Iā€™m making the bossā€™s attack rotation consistent. Fixed a bug that did 2 attacks at the same time when it shouldnā€™t. Added some time between certain moves to give time to react (pool drops, rampaging). And lowing the leap attacks overall damage so you donā€™t need to have so many players soak it.

So the attack orders will be more consistent, but targeting is staying somewhat random to keep it spicy.

7 Likes

alrighty awesome thank you!

I have to say that this feels great. Thank you for fixing it. I donā€™t have any strong opinions about the distance in particular. Iā€™ve always used hammer porting mainly for fights and less for going super long distances.

2 Likes

Did some more testing with warriors aggro management and the magic shield are good where they are.

1 Like

Raid patch is rolled out with the Boss 2 tweaks.

1 Like

Was it a server only patch? Someone in my voice chat just got reverted about 1 hour of playtime (wouldnā€™t be surprised it being 40 mins). I have a feeling it had something to do with it.

1 Like

Boss1:
I think it would be nice if your own crystal telegraphed AoE circle had a different color or a special outline. The mechanics are kind of jank, but I like the them overall. Personally I wish he had additional mechanics and did his current mechanic less frequently. Or maybe a second phase to mix it up.

Boss 2:
Did boss 2 really only get a damage decrease with this initial update? He was really easy with 9 people in the beta. Imo boss 2, once fixed, should have more HP but take increased damage when heā€™s chasing people. Currently he takes reduced damage while chasing and thereā€™s little for people to do besides dodge chains during this phase which isnā€™t a very hard mechanic. The length of the fight was good though.

Boss3:
Idk that he needed a nerf, being the 3rd boss. But will try out the changes this weekend.

Boss4:
Looking forward to trying out again this weekend w/ a full group.

In normal mode I took a MILLION points of damage from the sun while stacked with 8 people. Absolutely needed a nerf.

Iā€™ll wait for us to clear to provide more feedback but I felt it was a very non issue

Did you really kill boss 2 with 6 and a half minutes fight looking at the Armory? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes he was the easiest boss, which is why I assume more than a number adjustment occurred. Or maybe our RNG was insane. I got chained like 6 times in that fight lol, jumped on a few times, and even chained & chased & jumped in succession haha

Yeah but I already heard, that you guys killed boss 2 before the raid came out. Which means you havenā€™t experienced the boss yet in the insanity mode that is is now. We killed it without trouble before the raid came out.

Correct lol. Looking forward to being 1 shot! Just wanted to point out " * Lowered chain tick damage (hard mode)" may have not been all they did.

Yeah I think you are confused with the last patch, because the patch before that made everything harder. So you experienced the boss 3 patches in the past.

I havenā€™t seen any new raid patch notes since, any links? We tested 4/17
Found them (in the comments lol)

Boss 2:

• Pools stay for the whole fight. (HARD MODE ONLY)
    *** Soak mechanic added to the Chain Circle attack. Impact of the attack happens much quicker.**
    *** Chain circle attack damage increased (HARD MODE ONLY)**
  • Pools that drop after a Chain Circle attack are delayed a bit to give time to get out of the way.

Yeah, jesus that was hard to find. I just found it too. (Apparently) No-one tested boss 2 before it came out a few days later. But that must have been the patch making that boss impossible.